DNCB 440/252-8 Won't Vend

Gilbert H

Hello all,

My DNCB 440/252-8 wont vend when I put in the proper change. I have it set at $.50 and when I put the money in nothing happens when I press the buttons. When i un plug it and plug it back in it automatically releases 4 nickels and then will allow 1 vend and it starts all over. Some expertise would be greatly appreciated.

When you say that you "unplug it" do you mean the coin mech only or the machine is unplugged from the wall?  If you started by inserting .50 and it gives you .20 change and vends, then this means the coin mech is actually set to vend at .30 - however the coin mech should lose it's credit when power is removed, so something is wonky in the mech.  What model of coin mech do you have?  Based on it only paying out nickels, is it by chance an old Coinco S75 yellow mech?  Those problems likely mean that your coin mech is bad and should be upgraded.  Because it will eventually vend before it "starts all over" means that the vend circuit appears to function correctly and that it's just your coin mech that is the problem.

If you need a replacement for your mech you can PM me.

I tried unplugging both the coin mech and from the wall and I got the same result. As for the .20 change and it being set to .30 and not .50. This is odd because it's been set at .50 for a year...hmmm I'll have to look at that. Just to confirm when I put .50 in nothing happens until I unplug it and Plup it back in. This is when 4 nickels come out as soon as I plug it in and then it let's me vend one can. This only happens if I put money in first. I tried just unplugging it and vending a can but nothing. The coin mech model is S75-9800A yellow mech. Let me know if this changes anything or if you still think the coin mech is bad.

The fact that you have an obsolete S75 and how your problem unfolds, I'm sure that a bad coin mech is the issue here.  Let me know if you need a replacement.  With a later model coin mech you will be able to add a bill acceptor to the machine as well so there is a benefit to having an up-to-date coin mech.

Archived