crane/shoppertron 4310 fan trouble

ripsson

Found the product had froze, before the machine warmed up to 60 degrees. Since the evaporator fan was not running I took it (the evaporator fan) out and turned the machine off, so I could get a new fan. Before I ordered a new fan, I put power to it and it ran. So I am not sure why the fan was not running when it was installed in the machine.

Other information:

the intake screen was plugged with debris

the evaporator coil was iced over completely

model #4310

Anyone have some insight?

Welcome to the forum!

Your fan might have been frozen in place depending on how thick the ice was on your evaporator.  The evaporator fan runs all the time so if it runs when out of the machine you should verify that you have proper voltage at the two wires that connect to the fan, or at any intermediate point in the harness.  You might not have power to the fan which can also cause the evaporator to freeze.  Since you have the machine apart and the motor is probably many years old, do yourself a favor and replace it while the machine is apart.  The other reason the evaporator could freeze up is a bad thermostat or a low freon charge. 

Rule out the fan motor and fan power first.  If you do need a fan for this or any part that is preventing power to it you can PM me.

Archived