Another take on the elections.

Outlander

I will just offer a take on the one posted by Outlander. If you take it at face valuse then it sounds very bad. I think if you were to hear more or would have talked to her about the context it would sound different. The video makes it sound like finally I will get a free ride for the woman because she is black. I think she was saying that she will not have to struggle as much as she has had to do under the current organization. She probably felt that if the Mc Plain's got in she would loose what she has now.

Beer980 wrote:

I will just offer a take on the one posted by Outlander. If you take it at face valuse then it sounds very bad. I think if you were to hear more or would have talked to her about the context it would sound different. The video makes it sound like finally I will get a free ride for the woman because she is black. I think she was saying that she will not have to struggle as much as she has had to do under the current organization. She probably felt that if the Mc Plain's got in she would loose what she has now.

Beer,

Either way, it make no difference, if she had to worry about her mortgage and gas for her car two weeks ago, she is still going to be worrying about it two years from now unless she does something to change it. We still have the Do-Nothings in Congress that can't do anything but argue. They have their own interests at heart, not ours. Probably the only thing they are going to do for her or anyone else is send them a check for $500, which is not going to really make much difference to anyone in the long run.

In truth, there are not to many people that work for someone else that shouldn't worry about how they are going to pay the mortgage and everything else. They have little or no control over their financial life and are susceptible to termination at any time.

The problems we face today and will face tomorrow did not just manifest in the last eight years, they have been building since the 50's. Everyone needs to take a glimpse back in history and get a feel for what it was like in the Depression. Just a couple more wrong moves and we may be faced with that situation again and even a couple of right moves may not keep us from it.

There is no Knight in Shining Armor that is riding in to place us in that Shining City on the Hill, we will have to do that for ourselves.

Worry, I'm not going to worry, I'm going to have another beer. Join me?

I hear ya in a way right now im 22 and in my last year of my information systems degree i started bulk as a hobby and right now Im going to have bachelors for a job that dose not exist or has closed down. As for the people I guess in hard times people need something to hope in that is why so many people like obama. I think obama might be able to at best soften the blow of whats upcoming or maybe come up with a new stratgy. As  I go to my location's i see numbers down and customers not buying no matter who won the election i think we be in the same situation right now but i belive mr obama would come up with a better plan to help the country then mc cain

I listen to conservative talk radio in the car.  There are a couple of these radio jocks  that continually say that the USA is headed for 3rd world status with the way the country is going politically etc.  In my gut, I feel we are headed for big time ( major! ) problems as we move forward.  I wish my gut was not saying that but it is.  I need to get my backyard in order and get good with my maker. Posted Image 

Well maybe I took her comments differently. She does say "if I help him he will help me". I take it as she voted (helped him) for him so now he will (help me) get the economy back on track so we can prosper. With Hoaxm3Not's help we don't have far to go down hill. I guess they are right after all: Most heard saying over the next 4 years

Hey, I got the wrong "CHANGE"!

I am not worried I have plenty of food and ammo.

I listen to conservative talk radio in the car.  There are a couple of these radio jocks  that continually say that the USA is headed for 3rd world status with the way the country is going politically etc.  In my gut, I feel we are headed for big time ( major! ) problems as we move forward. 

That is the direction we have been going for the last 8 years. We ARE going there (and fast), I will agree. It will all be blamed on Obama and/or Democrats if he/they don't save the world:) Bottom line, nothing can save us now. It's too late.

g

That is the direction we have been going for the last 8 years. We ARE going there (and fast), I will agree. It will all be blamed on Obama and/or Democrats if he/they don't save the world:) Bottom line, nothing can save us now. It's too late.

g

I think this has been heading this way for more than 8 years. Heading for 3rd world status........ I have been in parts of the country that are IMO already the equivalent of 3rd world status in relation to being underdeveloped compared to the growth and advancement of the rest of the country and many other parts of the world. (In a generic sense, not in relation to the original definition which originated during the cold war.)

I don't think it's too late I just think we the people are ............. well here is a good illustration to articulate where many people in the U.S. are:

Q.  Do you think the problem is ignorance or apathy...........

A.  I don't know and I don't care!:)

Unfortunately there is enough truth to the illustration that it is a little frightening.

We could easily be heading to 3rd world status soon or we could soon be spelling America ...........Amerika.   :)

I believe this the greatest nation in the world but I also believe that our greatness as a nation is decreasing.

g

I think this has been heading this way for more than 8 years.

Well if that's the case, then the last 8 years have accelerated the process...and in a BIG way.

g

Because of our economic problems and a new president who is seen as weak around the world, we are very vulnerable IMO to an attack by Al Queda. 

World perception (of America) has changed (for the better) with our NEW President. I can now say (again) I'm proud to be an American.

g

guile wrote:

World perception (of America) has changed (for the better) with our NEW President. I can now say (again) I'm proud to be an American.

g

That is just because he is perceived weak, if he is and gives them what they want and how they want it, the perception may stay that way for a little, but if he does turn out to be a strong leader and does what is good for America, their perception will turn again.

There is no other country in the world that really cares how well America does, but there are many that would love to see us fail, and they are not all small 3rd world countries.

guile wrote:

g

That is just because he is perceived weak, if he is and gives them what they want and how they want it, the perception may stay that way for a little, but if he does turn out to be a strong leader and does what is good for America, their perception will turn again.

There is no other country in the world that really cares how well America does, but there are many that would love to see us fail, and they are not all small 3rd world countries.

World View: I don't think he is perceived as weak. I DO think he is perceived as intelligent and a man of hope. I do feel he is seen as weak in this country, however.

g

guile wrote:

Are you kidding me?? Do you honestly believe this women was referring to NOT paying for gas or NOT having to pay for her mortgage??

g

No one can tell what was in her mind at the time, but I feel there is a link between her brain and her mouth that is missing or gone on vacation for a bit.

Read the previous response to a similar question above.

guile wrote:

World View: I don't think he is perceived as weak. I DO think he is perceived as intelligent and a man of hope. I do feel he is seen as weak in this country, however.

g

I see your point and now understand why countries like Venezuela , Iran and others celebrated his election.

guile wrote:

g

I see your point and now understand why countries like Venezuela , Iran and others celebrated his election.

No, the better way is to isolate, intimidate, and threaten. Hey, it works against the American people, why not other countries?

Keep the people in line.

Scare them into thinking they can/will be attacked by a foreign country (Middle Eastern of coarse) at any time

MAKE them know their Government is PROTECTING them

And all in the good name of Democracy. Thanks, I see your point too.

g

World perception (of America) has changed (for the better) with our NEW President. I can now say (again) I'm proud to be an American.

g

Your American pride has to do with who is in the white house? I am proud to be an American because this country has been very good to me, and millions of citizens throughout our history and many people from many backgrounds even from all over the world have come from nothing to achieve great things in their lives because of the freedoms of this nation.  

I was born in Chicago Illinois and I have lived, worked and traveled all over this nation from coast to coast. This is a great country. My being proud to be an American has nothing to do with the Government but it has everything to do with the freedoms we have here and the people of this great nation. People can have whatever opinion they want of America. We are told ridiculous things like "Americans are arrogant"..... Says who? Would you say that the members of this forum are arrogant? No, we are all welcome here and we all respect each other. This is a small sample of a cross section of the people of the U.S. (and some other countries as well) all of us have different backgrounds, different political and religious views different ages, races, male and female, we all have different ideas about vending and yet here we all are coming together to offer advice, friendship, help and ideas to each other and to learn from one another. That is what this country is like. I can say that with absolute confidence I have been all over this country and the people of the U.S. are just like the people on this forum. Yes, the argument can be made that there are plenty of things wrong in the U.S.  To that I say,  when you find a perfect country let me know.

I think It is the freedom of the U.S. and the great citizens of this nation that make me proud to be an American. I am not a fan of Fedzilla or Govco. I believe in individual liberties and responsibilities. I believe in the constitution and that it is the best document ever forged by the leaders of any nation in history. I believe it is the role of the government to protect the constitution and the rights of the citizens of the U.S. I don't think that either the democrats or republicans are deserving of all the blame for our dilemmas. The well documented facts point to both parties proposing and passing legislation that has contributed to all sorts of problems some of which we are currently facing.

OK, I'm rambling........ Sorry I do that. This has been one of the greatest nations in the history of the world. Will it continue to be? Maybe. Proud to be an American? Always no matter what Fedzilla is doing or what party is in the white house.

P.S. I would also like to say:

THANK YOU TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE WHO HAVE SERVED OR WILL SERVE IN OUR ARMED FORCES.

THANK YOU!!

God Bless America!

• 4 months later...

Kelly wrote:

Outlander, Their was no unemployment to recieve when you got out of the USMC if you got out voluntarily. Been there done that (USAF1985-89)

Actually, and I had to pull my discharge folder to verify, when I was discharged in 1969. I did qualify for unemployment benefits under the Veterans service Benefits 20-67-1 and could file within 1 year of discharge.