DN276e trips power

DUPREE

I purchased this used machine and the old owner said the compressor was bad but after I unplugged the PC board the compressor and both fan work.

Does this mean the PC BOARD is bad, also what purpose does the battery have inside the pc board.

Welcome to the forum, Dupree.  Feel free to post questions about this and other electric vending machines in the Beverage and Food subforum. 

If you unplug the power connector from the logic board and then plug the machine in and it doesn't trip the breaker, then when you do plug the logic board power back in and the wall breaker trips, then you have a bad logic board or a bad power transformer.  You would need to check the voltages at the logic board connector to see what you have.  If all voltages are normal then your board is the problem and it would need to be replaced.  If the voltages are incorrect or you detect a short from the transformer then it needs to be replaced.    The battery on the logic board is to preserve the pricing and other setting programmed into the board.  If the battery fails and the machine loses power then your prices will all default to $99.95.  

If you need parts for this you can contact me by PM and I can ship you whatever you need. 

Archived