Please Help - Setting Price

JaxGuy

Hello everyone!

I need some help. I am not a vendor by trade, lets just get that out there, so you know my experience level with vending machines is 0.

I purchased a used Coke machine for the employees in my warehouse to use. The price was set at .25 and I wanted to change it to .75. While doing this I have somehow managed to set the price to $99.95.

About the machine. The lock mechanism is labeled intellivend 2000, and the label inside the machine says Dixie Narco Sii D.

Is anyone here familiar with this machine that may be able to get me pointed in the right direction on setting the prices?

Thanks in advance.

Hi JaxGuy, welcome to the forum!

The programming of prices is pretty straightforward on your machine.  I do wonder how you ended up at 99.95 though, unless you unplugged the machine for awhile and the logic board battery didn't hold the .25 prices.  This may not be the case though if the .25 price was there for a long while even when the machine was unplugged during it's delivery to you.  If you do find that the machine won't hold the prices during a power outage then your logic board battery will need to be replaced.

In any case, you enter the programming mode by pressing the blue service button on the lower edge of the logic board.  At this time you might see some error codes or, hopefully with no errors, you will see HD which is Historical Data.  This is the first menu item. 

Pressing the top two selection buttons at the same time will begin scrolling through the programming menu items.  Release the top two buttons when you see S-P on the display, for Set Prices.  If you pass it just keep going and it will come around again. 

While S-P is displayed, press button one by itself (or any selection you want to change) and you will see the currently saved price for that selection (probably 99.95 currently).  Press and hold that selection button and you will see the price begin to count up.  When you get to the price you desire, release the selection button.  If you've passed your goal, press the selection again and you will see the price go down.  Again, stop at your price.

When you have the first selection price correctly entered, it is automagically saved and you can then press the next selection button you wish to change a price on.  Repeat this process for every button on your machine and then you're finished.  You may then close the door so that the machine will go into the vend mode and, if you have product in each column to satisfy each sold out switch, you can proceed to press every selection button to verify that your prices were properly saved.

One quick note:  If all selections are priced the same, your credit display will always show that price when idle, indicating that every selection is priced the same.  If any single selection has a different price than the others then your credit display will show 0.00, which requires that the selection buttons be pressed one by one to see if the prices are saved properly.

Archived