Crane 490 won't vend soda.

Adammag

I recently purchased this machine to raise money for my student council. It is a combo unit and the snack portion works great, but when attempting to vend soda the machine reads, "make a different selection" and it does this for all choices of soda. Ideas?? I can post the model number if needed. Also, how fast does the fridge section get cold? It doesn't seem to get cool but perhaps it takes awhile?

Welcome to the forum, Adammag!

You might not have the proper configuration set in your machine so the machine doesn't know it has a can module.

• Open your cabinet door and locate the white door interlock switch, probably in the top right corner of the cabinet.
  • Pull the plunger out and press the # key on the inside service keypad.
  • Continue pressing # until you reach SETUP on the display.
  • Press * until you see CNF.xxx.  The xxx represents the specific configuration your machine is currently at.
  • ONLY IF your CNF.xxx is not CNF. CAN, then press H on your keypad until you see CNF. CAN.
  • Now press * to move to the temperature setting.  The display will show +/- +xxF for the current temp setting. 
  • If the setting is not something close to 40-42 degrees then you need to change it by pressing the 0 key to increase the temperature or the 1 key to decrease the temperature.  Where you leave it will be your new setting.  Do not set it below 40 degrees or you might freeze your cans. 
  • Press the H key to change between Fahrenheit and Centigrade, if needed.
  • Now you can press # to exit or close your door to exit the service mode.

The can module should only take a couple of hours at the most to get cold.  Let us know if this doesn't resolve your issue. 

Archived