Vendo 511 with V-Max cams?

Tenfour86

I just bought a Vendo 511 and was going through everything and getting it cleaned up, but noticed that the cams look a bit different than what is usually pictured in the manual for 511 machines.  Both the metallic ID tag on the outside and the white sticker on the inside say that it is a 511.

The manual shows a cam with three notches, which makes sense since the columns should be adjustable up to three deep.  From what I've heard, the cams in a 511 could be black, blue, or green.  When I took the metal guard covering the cams off, I found that they were gray and look like the cams out of a V-Max (4 deep) machine.  Has anyone else come across this before?  Any ideas why this might have been done?

Here is the style the manual shows:

post-9539-0-73821400-1416823331_thumb.jpeg

Here is the style that I found in my machine:

post-9539-0-86610800-1416823442_thumb.jpeg

I think I've seen that once or twice before.  It believe that the grey Vmax cams will fit on the Univendor 2 motors and apparently they will work.  If your machine doesn't have any vending problems then that is, in fact, the case.  Someone may have needed to replace all the motors for some reason (power surge or the machine was parted out) then if they didn't have the correct blue cam motors for three-deep vending they opted to install the grey cams.  I've never actually compared the notches on the grey vs. the blue cams but it's very possible that they fall in the same places.

Archived