How about some opinions about this machine?

zorbavending

My wife and I found this new unit for sale for $350.00 The center unit vends $1.00 2 inch caps. or large super balls and the two others vend .25 bulk. Does anyone here think this machine would sell product? I have noticed that the toy vending customers are starting to look for better value caps.  a photo of the machine is enclosed here for ya all to view! For $100.00 more  you can get a bill validator too.

Beginners luck I guess, I was a salesman for Pitney bowes for 15 years cold calling businesses for business machines ie collators, postage machines etc. so I have experience getting inside the right office. Not to mention I live in a area in the county where almost everyone knows everyone. I am new to the vending industry but for some reason this business seems second nature to me. I have to give this web sight much of the credit! Reading about how you folks do your vending business has given me tools worth their weight in GOLD!. Learning vending techniques here has helped me much! . My wife and I have worked hard for many years and saved our money. We are close to retirement and feel vending will give us the time to have fun in life. Thanks again everyone for all the great advice given here!. I look foward to many more hours learning here!

Zorba, I have one of the kangaroo machines. The only difference in mine is I do not have the two machines off the side, which is a nice touch. I like the machine and it does good also. If I were you I would not lay down the extra $100.00 for the bill valadator, who knows what that thing would cost if it happened to go bad. A coin mech is $30.00 tops. Good luck to ya, and it sounds like you just got a good location!

Luke

bill valadator are 175.00 to 250.00 dollars.

it is very rare that they break down.

i run cranes some with and some without bill valadators and i found out that it does make a different. many customers will use the machines with dollar and five dollar bills.

the main problem is that you need to plug it in.

Simon

I will agree with Simon.

DBA's make a huge difference in most cases with anything. When a DBA on my cranes break down (United Textiles DBA's SUCK) there is always less change in the hopper. If you get a good quality DBA, you will have zero problems. I would get one if I was you. The vends are $1. Who lugs around 4 quarters? That's a lot to have on hand. What if they want to buy more then one ball? Ops, no coins.

Kyle

It seems like a nice unit. I do remember seeing it on a web site that sells new machines but don't recall what the price was new. If you can afford it, get it with that nice location to place it in. I would lean towards the bill validator if you can swing it but I don't have any expierence with them. Service your route with this stop in the middle and you got a place to change out all the quarters you collect for dollar bills.

Valid point Simon! I have never had any experience with a bill validator, I am just going on from what I hear floating around. Yeah if they work that good go for it. But I have one question how does it work with a bulk machine??

Hello ZorbaVending,

Don't buy it. Here are the following reasons to back up this statement:

1. It's got A&A coin mechanisms. Of all of the coin mechanisms imported or partially made in the USA, A&A's are among the lowest quality.

2. It's not a standard size machine. buy, and stick with, one specific type of 2" Capsule Vender. Choose from either Beaver or NW; they cost just a little more than the imports, but last longer, have less maintenance, function better and look better, too.

3. The globe is the most expensive part of the machine, and will be the first part of it to be defaced or damaged.

4. Dollar products are not yet moving well.

I had one from a small company that we bought, I never liked it. Plus, if put in a restaurant or other location where wet mopping is done ... the base will rust heavily. We'd paid $45 for it, w/o the side bulk venders, and after two years we finally found a buyer for it. We sold it to him for $45, and apologized as we took his payment.

My opinion! Just like noses, we all have them, but the above rules have helped us to earn a very good living with little work!

Bob Butler

Bob,

You and I will never agree about the A&A Global machines.

I currently operate, now, almost 100 mechs of A&A. The others are XYZ, and GMW.

All of the A&A Machines are PO89 Panel head, the PM Premiere, and 2001 vendors. I would like to say: You, and some others, always talk like the A&A Vendors are junk. I have had 3 out of the near 100 jam this month. These are high quality vendors for me. I have almost zero problems from them. I get these machines at a much lower price then NW will ever offer me. Not to mention, these are extremely cheap compared to the Northern Beaver. 

You pointed out the looks of the machines. I personally hate the way the Northern Beaver's look. NW's look basically the same to the A&A Machines (2001, and Premier). The PO89's look great, better then OAK in my opinion.

For A&A to be considered in the Field with the other "Imports" is ridiculous. I own 6 other imports, two 2" cap, three triples, one double . Out of these six, 3 mechs were jammed. I think I would rephrase my statement about the worst imported mechs. The 2" machines from the other importers do not vend the caps well. The A&A's give me zero problems. 

You had good points about the Kangaroo machine too. Most of which (Besides the mechs) would stop me from buying.

Bob, you have made my business what it is today through the many emails, telephone calls, and machines you have sent. Ladies and Gentleman, Bob knows what he is talking about. Take his advice on anything he says, because it will save you, not only money, but nerves, and lost locations.

Kyle

I will have to go with Kyle on this point, the A&A mechs have given me very little trouble in the 25 years I have been dealing with them. I don't know why they have been considered such a subordinate piece of equipment on this site. Anyways like Bob said we all have noses!!!!!!!!!

I run about 35 A&A PN95 machines. All in all, I find them decent mech wise etc. BUT......I still am only buying NW60s moving forward. As I diversify, I may opt for the A&A 2001 capsule machines though.