Vendtronics VC1100 Repair or Replace?

TacomaVending

I just acquired a new route. It has one location that has a Vendtronics VC1100. A little searching found a post by AZVender mentioning something about backing away slowly so I assume I acquired a POS. I have owned the route for a total of 4 days and the machine quit working. Should I spend time and resources trying to get this Seaga made piece of junk going or should I cut my losses and buy something better? I am leaning toward getting something better. The location is a 24hr packing plant where they load trucks 24/7 so I think a frozen food vendor is a good thing to have there. It also has a

Wittern 5 wide, a DN5800, and a coffee machine (also my first).

I have no experience with frozen food machines. What is a good make and model for a reasonable price? What is a reasonable price?

If the problem is that it isn't cooling then that could easily be a fan motor problem or low freon, both of which are inexpensive to fix. If it's a bad compressor then it's probably not worth repairing due to the large expensive dome and then the cooling unit can't be removed for repair, meaning the torch work must be done on location or the machine needs to be removed to get the work done. If the issue is something else then I do have parts for the VC1100 as I'm parting a machine out.

If you decide to replace the machine then you have some choices. One is a USI FF2000 narrow frozen machine that can probably be slaved to the USI snack as long as it's a SM6 machine. The FF2000 isn

Archived