Injured Knee/T Bird Ain't Flyin' Around Like He Wants To!

T BIRD

Well.........the past 10 days I have been limping around with a swollen left knee.  I have no idea how it happened.  I am getting along with a cane for now.  Its almost a blessing that Midwest is having a tough time finding me the 5 locations they owe me.  I have been putting off going to the doctor.  I am not sure how much longer I can go without seeing one. I know what it is though.  Its a cartlidge problem.  Its flaired up before and I have been to the doctor in the past for this.  He said I need surgery. It then got better on its own.  Anyway........thats my story and I am stickin' to it.;)

My wife had to have a cartilage fixer upper. She was out of commission for about 3-4weeks and received a nice little $9,000 bill to boot.

Although I hate that it happened, but as my wife put it, "Thankfully it was a result of a car accident so there was no out of pocket expense from us."

Good Luck Gravy Lounger

T-Bird--

Please go see your doctor. If you are walking around on that knee you don't want to inflict any further damage on it. Once you're at the doc's you can say yea or nay to what he recommends, if it's surgery. Maybe he can suggest stabilizing it with on of those strap on knee things, or something.

Anyway, I hope you go. Don't want to see it get any worse.

Barb

Thanks everyone!  It has actually gotten a little worse since it started acting up.  I am calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment.  It hurts like hell and the knee is swollen also.Posted Image  Its so weird.  The leg was fine and then out of nowhere it acted up.  It went on me before but always got better with rest and icing.  It does not seem to be working this time though.  At this rate, I will have to get someone to help me with my routes etc. for a little while.

I appreciate the concern gang!  You folks are the best!

I had a shot of cortisone yesterday and had the knee drained yesterday. Today I started physical therapy and felt alot better at 12 noon. I went out and delivered a two head machine to a new location I got from Midwest and walked into the place and slipped on the floor which was wet from the rain and wrenched my knee ( the bad knee ) trying to keep my balance. The pain was absolutely ridiculous and through the roof. The location was a day treatment program for the mentally retarded. There must have been 40-50 patients in the room that saw me struggle. They were so cute wanting to help me walk............lol!  I am a mess right now. Posted Image Posted Image 

Wow, sorry to hear about that T Bird, maybe you need to slow down a bit till you heal.

What was the diagnosis? Nothing major I hope.

The diagnosis is a torn maniskas.  ( sorry for the spelling ).  It was torn in 2006 and it got completely better for me after a shot and some rest and therapy.  I am hopeful this time for the same result.  Thanks for asking Fred.  Thanks Brassine!

My wife has some crazy knee problems, therefore I some what if a psuedo expert. So here goes just a little info (for what it is worth). A meniscle tear, quite frankly sucks. The knee area doesn't get a lot of blood flow. The swelling is fluid or syrum not blood. It is the bodies way of protecting the injury. Blood flow increases healing. Ever notice if you hit a part of your body hard it warms up, anyway with lower blood flow the meniscus heals slowly. That is the bad news, the good news is it does heal. So listen to the doctor and pt with a stationary bike or water therapy is best. Hopefully you have some help with the route, because you could just keep re injuring it. I don't know if that helps just wanted to get my .02 in since I am a psuedo expert.

My wife has some crazy knee problems, therefore I some what if a psuedo expert. So here goes just a little info (for what it is worth). A meniscle tear, quite frankly sucks. The knee area doesn't get a lot of blood flow. The swelling is fluid or syrum not blood. It is the bodies way of protecting the injury. Blood flow increases healing. Ever notice if you hit a part of your body hard it warms up, anyway with lower blood flow the meniscus heals slowly. That is the bad news, the good news is it does heal. So listen to the doctor and pt with a stationary bike or water therapy is best. Hopefully you have some help with the route, because you could just keep re injuring it. I don't know if that helps just wanted to get my .02 in since I am a psuedo expert.

That info does help sterling.  Thank you.  I remember my doctor saying the blood flow there is minimal.  I did not realize the tear could actually heal though.  It is still abit swollen.  I can feel the swelling when I bend my knee all the way.  PT is working with me to strengthen the muscles just above the knee and below the knee to help support the knee joint. ( I think......lol ).

The secret is out huh Larry?.......lol.

Beer Man.........you missed your calling brotha.  Stand up would make you some good extra money............!

I have to spend some time with my wife showing her my route etc.  I am going to schedule surgery.  Probably have it right after the New Year.  I can't wait.  NOT!