AP 122 board problem?

stevo59

I have an AP 122D that sat for 5 years in climate controlled storage. I reconfigured two convertible candy shelves to snack, installed a new back up battery, Mars validator and coin mech.

Upon start up, the coin mech and validator activated as did the light bulb. However, the board didn't activate for a full 60 to 90 seconds. The display read "enter to mastermenu" but wouldn't respond to any input from either of the two keypads.

After another 30 seconds or so, the display started to blink off and on along with a beeping sound and still no response to any input.

I shut it off and tried restarting with the coin mech and validator unplugged and got the same result.

I also noticed that the power indicator light on the board isn't on either.

Anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

I am new to this forum but have been in the vending business for 17 years.

Any helo would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Stevo!  There's tons of great advice and discussion here.

There are three possibilities: either you aren't getting proper power from the power supply, there is an issue with the logic board or your Master Menu keypad is bad.  You should check the output from the power supply at the board end of the power supply harness using a volt meter.  Do this with the harness not plugged into the board.  If the voltages, per the manual, are good then plug the power in to the board and let it sit powered up for a 1/2 hour or so.  If this makes no difference and the machine still flashes the display and/or you don't get the heartbeat on the logic board then it's likely the board is bad.  If the heartbeat comes back and the display stops flashing, but you still can't enter the Master Menu then you probably have a bad Master Menu keypad. 

If you need any parts for this you can PM me and I'll get you what is needed.

I plugged the machine back in to the outlet and sure enough, the display read "enter to mastermenu" but no response from the keyboard. After 20 seconds or so the display started blinking and chiming. I left it on and after about 30 minutes the chime quit and display quit blinking.

I pressed the enter key on the service keypad and went right into the MIS. So it sounds like I am not getting proper power from the outlet. I don't know what the proper voltage should be going into the board as the manual doesn't specify it. I set the machine pricing and configured the motors. I fed both dollars and coins into it and it performed flawlessly. I let it set powered up for about an hour, shut it off from the power switch inside and let it set powered down for 10 minutes. when I switched it back on, it worked fine so hopefully the power is the problem.

Thanks for the help AZVendor, you saved me $225 on a another board.

Archived