Coffee account?

Venderman15

HI,

I have a vending account (snack & beverage) at a site with 250 employees. I do not provide any commission.  The owner has stopped providing free coffee via Bunn pots, due to the headache.  Wants me to get a coffee vending machine and would like me to free vend coffee (I would charge the owner for each cup sold) can charge employee for tea or hot chocolate

1.  Should I ask to get reimbursed 100% for the free vend coffee?

2.  How often do these machines need to be cleaned & stocked?  Realize this depends on sales, but lets say a busy or good account, I estimate that 20% of employees will get a free cup, so 50 CUPS a DAY

3.  What are some good quality machines?

Thanks

I have recieved some replies already and suggested I post in this forum as well.  Thanks AZ Vendor and Angrey Chris

1. You said you would charge the owner for each cup of coffee sold so you can charge him whatever you want to charge him within reason.  He won't know how many cups you are selling nor, probably will you, but you need to make enough to pay for the coffee, cream and sugar and the cup and still make a profit.  Regardless of the price, you will be removing the workload from the owner.

As I said in your other thread, coffee machines are wet machines so they need to be serviced at least weekly in an account of your size.  Service involves restocking and cleaning (from the top down in a coffee machine) with the waste bucket the last thing cleaned.  Put a squirt of dish soap in the waste bucket to reduce odors.

You still haven't been specific about the type of machine you want to use.  In full size machines you can get good used AP213s (easy to use) or 223s (much more complicated) and from National you can get good used machines in the 630 or 650 series.

Hi,

Thank you. This is tough one, since I don't want the owner to bail out if more than 50 cups are sold each day and the monthly bill comes out to over $1500. Not even sure, he would want to pay this much. Will research the machines you suggested,especially theAP 213. Good stuff

Hi,

Thanks for all your help, but when I informed the owner that they would have to get a plumber to run a line to a machine and asked if they were prepared to pay me $1500 a month, possibly more if the employees drink more than my estimate of 50 cups @ 1 dollar a cup. The owner said that they would return to the Bunn Brewers. I am relieved, since there were to may possible issues with this

Archived