FNG Here

jpalm

Hello all, just getting started in the business and this is my first post. I recently placed 10 triple heads with assistance form a locator. In doing my research I started looking into honor boxes as well, and have a few questions. I see that York Peppermint Patties are popular. What are you guys pricing them at, .25 or .50? What are the best locations, and do you have a standard "elevator speech" to get them placed (I signed up with NCCS for the triple heads)?

Based on a recommendation from my locator I just ordered 10 of the water games. I know it's not an honor box, and I'm in the wrong section, but since I'm already here, does anyone have a variety of different machines that could give some advice on which ones I should focus on for the best return?

Thank you for your help

Not sure on the water Games, but .50 or 3 for a dollar seem most used. The locations we get for customers is primarily restaurants and never had a request for a replacement, so they must be doing good.

Thanks for your reply. What about Hershey's miniatures? Are those better sellers? I spoke to a coupe of people today who claim to pull in 6 figures on 200 boxes each, selling miniatures. Does that sound realistic?

That looks like a pretty good price. We don't locate water games, but if you figure the product cost from Sheridan, then that would make your location under 20ea. That's a steal! I won't even look at a location for that little.

Not to be a pain in the butt, but I'd like to go back to my original question. I spoke with two people earlier this week who have 200 acrylic honor boxes each. They both claim to be doing 100k+/year. Do these numbers sound realistic? Even if the numbers are 1/3 that amount, I have about $10,000 that I will invest in it immediately!

I was wondering if you knew of anyone who locates the land a quarter water games?

I've been using Travis Brinson in California. His number is 323-236-3373. Since I'm a rookie I obviously have little experience with him, but I do do know he did a great job getting 10 triple heads placed for me. He's the one who recommended the water games for me.

I just bought 25 honor boxes and locations through charity vending.  My boxes will be here Wed.  Will keep you up to date on my pulls

Careful, I had seen several posts of folks that weren't happy with Charity Vending.

I was wondering if you knew of anyone who locates the land a quarter water games?

Sheridan does, Or their locator anyways.

Sheridan does, Or their locator anyways.

Thanks for your reply. What about Hershey's miniatures? Are those better sellers? I spoke to a coupe of people today who claim to pull in 6 figures on 200 boxes each, selling miniatures. Does that sound realistic?

Sounds like bs to me. That's an avg. of $38 per month per box. My boxes don't do that well. Mine are a little lower than the national avg. of $18 per box.

Also answered your pm.

Not to be a pain in the butt, but I'd like to go back to my original question. I spoke with two people earlier this week who have 200 acrylic honor boxes each. They both claim to be doing 100k+/year. Do these numbers sound realistic? Even if the numbers are 1/3 that amount, I have about $10,000 that I will invest in it immediately!

I doubt that they will be that, but 1/3 probably. The question is, where are they located, how far apart and so on. They could be spread out as an addition to other vending routes and they filled in with these so gas wasn't a big deal. 

What I have learned on listening to people when it comes to money, figure 1/2 of what they say the profit is and that's the gross. But I would pay attention to what others have to say that actually do it.

I locate a lot of boxes, but haven't ran them yet myself. I do know that if I had a locating job that big, you would be spread out a ways just because we target restaurants and prefer them because we won't get any calls for lack of performance.

Do the research!

I had 170 bulk head candy vending machines two years ago. Most of them were in great locations and my profit annually was right around 40k after my expenses. I haven't tried honor boxes yet but I would say 100k/+a year is a little far fetched for the honor system. I did order nine water games and should have them all placed by next week (I get them tomorrow). I will let you know how they work out next week. If everything goes as planned and if they do make money I will order 27 next month and go from there. So if anyone is looking to get into it let me take the risk and I will let you know the TRUE numbers.

Archived