Vendo 475 wont vend

sodaguy

I have a venndo 475 here that quit vending, the coin mech goes through its cycle and the SO light flashes and it thinks it vended but dont...... the vend relay never energizes. i popped the cover off it and manuallt tripped it and it still wont vend, I swapped the vend relay with a new one and same thing. Swapped the coin mech out with one from a working machine and the other just lets coins pass through ... either way with any combo of any of the parts i have the relay dont energizeif it was warmer out i wouldnt mind spending a few hours poking at this and hunting down what and where the issue is but im freezing my nuts off playing with this out side hopefully someone can point me right to what to look for and where

on the big 8 pin I do have 115v on pins 1 and 2

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Your issue is not in the coin mech or vend relay.  The fact that your mech was taking coins and you could see a sold out light flash indicates that both are working.  You didn't mention if you looked at the motors.  Take the motor cover off and look for any motor that is stuck in a vend.  All motors should be in the home position which is when the short motor switch arm is in the timing notch of the plastic motor cam and the longer switch arm is on the high edge of the motor cam.  If you find one motor where both switch arms are in one notch then that is either a dead motor, bad motor switches or a bad motor brake.  If you find both switch arms on the edge of the motor cam with neither in a notch then that motor is jammed. 

If you empty a jammed column and remove the cans but the motor still won't turn even after waiting for it to cool down, or if you hear the motor only humming with nothing in the column then you have a worn out gate link in that column.  To temporarily fix the column UNPLUG THE MACHINE, then remove the three screws holding the motor to the stack but check the position of the rotor (part that holds the cans) before pulling the motor free of the stack.  You'll probably hear a thunk as the gate comes free and you can then reinstall the motor but only with the rotor in the same position it was in before the motor was removed.  This is to ensure you don't reinstall it 180 degrees off.  After the motor is back and you power the machine up that motor should run to it's home position.  Leaving that column empty, you can now test the machine to see if all else is working. 

If any of these issues is the cause of your problem you can PM me for parts for it as I have them all in stock.

Well how's this for strange ...... I verified all collums were not jammed by manually activating all the switches and letting the motors cycle .....:... Of the 2 mechs I have here one rejected all coins but that came from a working machine which don't make much sense and the other takes $$$ and activates SO light but no vend relay ........ Swapping and playing around with the mechs I used the upper that takes coins with the lower that was in the working machine and with those 2 mixing and matching it's now ok ......... Apparently the coin validator in one was bad and in the other the lower is messed up not sending voltage to the vend relay ...

Archived