Gold?

huynhhh

huynhhh ......you want to know if you should buy gold , or what to do with the extra $$$ from the sale of your route? One persons actions can seriously effect the price of gold or silver one way or another. Silver was 40 an ounce around 33 months ago, now its 17 . Risky IMO . The world is too crazy to invest in anything. Look at where oil was 9 months ago compared to now. Sit on your cash and you will always have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure a lot of you guys are much wiser.

According to blind, silver has tripled it's cost from 10 years ago (this is a fact).

I guess investing is not the term I'm looking for but more so protecting my cash.

The dollar depreciates and loses face value, but with precious metals the physical object always has value. We can't print precious metal.

With gold: it's used in many ways industrially and for aesthetics (jewelery)

Silver is used mostly industrially and there will always be use for silver, so it's a safe bet that it won't dive down to 5$ an ounce (10 years ago) and if it does, it'll go back up. Because there will always be a demand for it. Thoughts?

I remember in the 80's when a couple of billionaire brothers tried to corner the market in silver. It caused the price to jump, and resulted in massive lawsuits against them.

Anyway Kodak was the single largest user of silver in their film developing process, but with the increase in the price, they developed a new way to process film without silver. 2 brothers created a demand that spiked prices, but afterwards, without Kodak the demand had dropped.

When price drops, companies quit looking for it. When the price climbs, they start up again. Oil is a great example. It generally costs about $20 - $40 for companies to take oil out of the ground, but there are smaller companies that spend $70 or more to take out the oil. As the price drops, oil wells are shut down. As the price climbs, those wells are reopened. Although currently OPEC is flooding the market in an attempt to keep prices low enough to put fracking out of business. Instead it's hitting Russia, and Venezuela hard.

Gold and silver dropped from 1980 to 2000. Now this wasn't all down, but for the most part it was. And this takes inflation into account. Now it spent the next 10 years climbing, but once again it is dropping, since 2011.

There is a mindset everyone needs, but I will post that in a separate comment. 

I remember in the 80's when a couple of billionaire brothers tried to corner the market in silver. It caused the price to jump, and resulted in massive lawsuits against them.

Anyway Kodak was the single largest user of silver in their film developing process, but with the increase in the price, they developed a new way to process film without silver. 2 brothers created a demand that spiked prices, but afterwards, without Kodak the demand had dropped.

When price drops, companies quit looking for it. When the price climbs, they start up again. Oil is a great example. It generally costs about $20 - $40 for companies to take oil out of the ground, but there are smaller companies that spend $70 or more to take out the oil. As the price drops, oil wells are shut down. As the price climbs, those wells are reopened. Although currently OPEC is flooding the market in an attempt to keep prices low enough to put fracking out of business. Instead it's hitting Russia, and Venezuela hard.

Gold and silver dropped from 1980 to 2000. Now this wasn't all down, but for the most part it was. And this takes inflation into account. Now it spent the next 10 years climbing, but once again it is dropping, since 2011.

There is a mindset everyone needs, but I will post that in a separate comment.

Yes please continue.. This is very interesting to me

Archived