UltraVend or U-Turn?

asudevil

Hi ALL!! I just want to double check with everyone and see what you veterans think would be a better first machine to get started in the business with. I can get triple head UltraVend Machines for $55 each and U-Turn 4 head machines for $60 each. The U-Turn machines will include spare parts. I also have the opportunity to purchase some U-Turn 8 head machines for $100 each but I think I might wait on those untill I find a really busy location that can handle that much. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Everyone have a great day!!

I don't know about the Ultravend machine so I can't comment on those. I was thinking of the Uturns when I first started but I decided against them. If you think that you will have some good, high traffic locations then the price seems reasonable. I decided to go with triples and a few doubles for slower ones. I would think about the Uturn Terminator's as it takes a real good location to support 8 selections of candy unless you can add some 1" toys. I think the Terminator goes for $600 new, if you have some extra money.

you must be buying some used machines . Good for you . Most of mine is used . The only thing I can say about the U-Turns is you need to put them in a location that can handle 4 different selections or you will have lots of waste . You shoud not fill them to the top . Put less and check on them more .

I use the U-Turns.  I have both the 4 and the 8-select machines. 

My two cents:  4 select are like any other company's 3-select...If you have a location that will handle the 3 selctions..4-select wil be good for you as long as you do not fill hte larger cannisters too high..after you run the locatin for a few months you will know what kind of product sells well AND you should be able to judge if you can extend your visit time from one month to 6 weeks to maybe 8 weeks..

As for the 8-select/  I have 15 of these on the street  mostly in Manufacturing plants and in my sports bars...I usually have to visit the busy locations twice a month even with these..For me $100 machines for the month...BUT..I have adjusted the mix in these to get there

The downside of the 8-select...For the most part..there are not 8 selections of Really good sellers that you can get into a machine...SO..finding "new" product  to keep the consumers happy is difficult...  Also,  A more time consuming machine to service...Not so bad once you figure it out..

A good machine that will make you money ..as long as you go forward with your eye's open

the best way to go is to have the machine with tall canisters on top(eliminator?)to fit a decent amount of toys.the other kind(terminator?) could work too,but you probably have to service it more often.

buy the gumball wheel which sells toys too.you need to remove the inserts to sell 1.1 or 1.0 inch caps.

the bottom canisters are short and probably could be filled up to avoid running out of product.if you can, avoid pmm because they will always be sold out imo.

what setting do you sell your pmms I use 6.