Greenwick/Lutech board replacement question....

Hey there!.... I'm hoping one of you might be able to help... I have my replacement board, my VN2512 BA and VN4510 Changer.... The board came with the 115v mei harness, but I want to run MDB.... What do you know of making or buying the harness for this?.... I'm also missing the small pigtail that goes from the BA to the MDB plug, but there are plenty on eBay for like $15 shipped.....

I asked a dude on eBay that sells the kits, (one with the pix of the board laying on the floor) and he said he would sell me the MDB wiring kit for $50.... I asked him if that was the VH192 kit that I cant seem to find any answers on and he said that it was NOT the VH192 kit that i see other sell for $20... So I guess i'm a little confused on what I need...

My board kit came with a ton of wiring that I do not need and 2 long harnesses to the BA in the door... Neither of which are MDB

I see the MDB harness connector on the greenwick board and If needed, I have the plugs required to build my own harness if I have too....

Any help would be awesome!

Also, I did say that his $50 kit was a short harness from the board to the changer, and had a pigtail that had an long extension that went to the door...

I'm surprised that the Greenwick kit still comes with micromech harnesses but it was originally developed as a replacement for the original Rowe board that I recall you have.  You'll need to pop for the long harness and pigtail to get it to MDB if the seller won't exchange them for you.  Have you tried asking about that?  I can also sell you the harnesses and will match the $50 if that's what you want to do but getting them from the seller is the best way to go - at the very least he should have asked you which harnesses you needed.  I'd really push for an exchange because there's no reason for him to expect that you're not going to move to MDB.

Do you know what this VH192 kit is?....

http://www.wachtor.com/catalog/item/6779626/6675740.htm

I bought the kit new in the box from another dude for $175... Just came with a lot of "extra" wiring i'm guessing is for the 3-Board version of my Rowe 4900s....

I was thinking that if this "long harness" is simple in design, and someone knew the pinouts on the main board for the 5 pin connector, I could make one... Just a thought... The VH192 kit is what is throwing me off.... its $20, its cheap, but is that all that I need???... I cant find a photo of it anywhere, only listings like the link above....

04697449cb5118dc11983c21f5d0a31b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would probably make sense.... I'm going to call that company today and find out for sure... If that's the case, I'll make the long harness, If i can get the pinouts from Wick for the MDB connection on the board...  I'm trying to do this on the cheap as its not like the profits from the product I will sell this season in this machine will do much more than pay for the "kit" I bought... I'm lucky I have an extra set of changer and BA that I purchased last year as a backup to the pop machine.... Just trying to keep my people happy at the hanger at our skydiving school... :-)

Well, I called the phone number for the company I linked above and I can't seem to get a person in the phone.... Weird answering system that wants me to listen to all these ads and rate what I'm interested in..... :-(

I called John Wick to see about getting the pin outs for the MDB connector on the board, but both his business and cell go right to voicemail and says he is away for a few weeks....

I have been studying the MDB system in general off/on most of the day.... Can anyone confirm my suspicions of this photo to be true???.... I don't want to risk harming the board.... From what I can tell, this pin out should be right.....2ad44d0a5400dd32c7ca734bc01feb07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived