Need help with a NW Super 60

new2this

Hello & Happy Holidays,

I purchased a used NW Super 60 off ebay.  Everything looked fine until closer inspection.  1st problem, it vends too many gumballs.  It looks like he fitted the machine with a gumball wheel attachment without that piece that looks like pac man (80's video game hero).  Anyway,  I thought no problem since I always keep an extra gumball wheel and candy wheel attachment.  This is why I stick with one brand for now on.  This info I picked up on this board.  Now back to my problem, he screwed the screws in soooo tight that I am afraid of breaking the globe if I continue to undo the screws.  I think if I can just unscrew the two screws(he didn't even give me the four screws needed to attach the globe securely) I can get this machine to work properly.  I can forgive the bad retouch paint job, even the 2 screws instead of the proper 4, but not for sending me an incomplete gumball wheel attachment and no way of getting off the globe.  Please tell me how can I unscrew the screws without breaking the globe?  Thanks for reading.

Coop 

bettyp,

Wow:shock: 100!

It's a little more expensive but for now on I am ordering my machines straight from Northwestern.  I am tired of playing dice with ebay.  There are times when you get a great deal but lately I've been opening up my packages crossing my fingers and saying Sh** not again.

Coop

Coop......why would ' unscrewing ' the screws crack the globes? I would think tightening the screws could crack the tips of the globes.

And........do you have a riser to place underneath the gumball wheel?

To unloosen tight screws, soak them with a penetrating fluid as WD-40 over-night. Heating the body will also give some help with loosening. Finally, instead of unscrewing them immediately, try to slightly tighten the screws just a little bit ... just enough for them to break free, then unscrew as usual.

Good Luck.

I am tired of playing dice with ebay.  There are times when you get a great deal but lately I've been opening up my packages crossing my fingers and saying Sh** not again.

Thank You!  That's what I've been saying for a long time now!  I'm glad to find somebody who sees things the way I do on this issue.

Buying stuff on ebay reminds me of the 'greater fool' rule.... That rule being, "There's always a greater fool out there!".  People sell stuff off of ebay hoping to cut their losses.  I know, cuz I've done it several times.  That means the people buying stuff usually get substandard product.

I know what your saying about EBay . I don't even go look there anymore .

I bought some machines there and some was okay but got one that was shipped with a BOX on top of the machine (just sitting there on top ) It was broken and I refused it. So FedEx shipped it right back. To this day I have not gotten my money back from that seller and he is not on EBay under that name any more . So be carefull!!