USI ff2000 Can I switch to LED lights

I have a satellite FF2000 machine that is set to cold.  (It can do frozen as well).   Well, this past Monday the light was burnt out (black on one end).  Luckily the machine was still cooling just fine....never went into the health safety mode or anything.

I tried two different replacement bulbs.  Nothing.  So......I'm thinking that for the third time in this machine the ballast went out.   We did have high winds here over the weekend.....but again no loss of power.  I do have a single receptacle surge protector set up for this machine.

This would be the third time the ballast has gone out.  The other two times, the machine's cooling went out as well.  So, an expensive problem.  

So.......if these flourescents cause such a problem and there's obviously something going on with this machine......then can I switch to an LED strip or something to just get away from the flourescent?

If so, how do I do it and what parts do I need?  Thanks

I don't think there's enough room inside the door for strips of LEDs so you'll need to look at it closely.  You don't want products falling to hit the LEDs.  Then you need to find a safe place for the wires to exit the cabinet.  If you want to put them where the current lamp is then you'll need very bright LEDs to shine through the lens cover that will need to remain on it. 

You also need to remove the surge protector because it restricts the power available to the compressor.  If you want a surge protector then it must be on the host machine only. 

Let me know if you still want the new ballast or if you're going to try the LEDs.

Archived