Client Info

So I think most people have figured it out by now that I'm starting in soda vending.  I've been typing up documents that I'll be using a lot of.  I'm working on a client profile now... Besides the address of the place, the primary contact email and phone number, and their drink preferences, what other information should I collect about the client?  I know this is a fairly basic question but I want some insight into what the normal amount of information is... Don't want to scare people off, you know. ;D

I am not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to do. What do you mean "client info"? Are you trying to put together a list of potential customers you intend to call on? 

What do you mean scare people off? 

I am not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to do. What do you mean "client info"? Are you trying to put together a list of potential customers you intend to call on? 

What do you mean scare people off? 

In my experience people don't exactly like really long forms with information nobody will ever use.  Basically what I'm trying to do is to create a document that will contain each account's information ie primary contact, preferences in drink options, addresses, machine numbers, number of employees, etc

In my experience people don't exactly like really long forms with information nobody will ever use.  Basically what I'm trying to do is to create a document that will contain each account's information ie primary contact, preferences in drink options, addresses, machine numbers, number of employees, etc

For what purpose? Do you intend on them filling this out? 

One thing that you may find useful is to list the machine model and serial number if you can find it along with the type of coin mech and validator you have in the machine - should you ever  have a service request, you'll know exactly what's in there without having to go look first.

For what purpose? Do you intend on them filling this out? 

Basically I want a way to keep track of who's who and their preference in addition to employee and average customer counts.  I will end up filling it out in addition to adding some other information such as machine numbers and the like.

One thing that you may find useful is to list the machine model and serial number if you can find it along with the type of coin mech and validator you have in the machine - should you ever  have a service request, you'll know exactly what's in there without having to go look first.

Ah, good idea! I thought about the machine ID but I totally didn't think about the coin mech and validator.

Thanks for the input. :)

Basically I want a way to keep track of who's who and their preference in addition to employee and average customer counts.  I will end up filling it out in addition to adding some other information such as machine numbers and the like.

Ah, good idea! I thought about the machine ID but I totally didn't think about the coin mech and validator.

Thanks for the input. :)

Con mechs and validators will constitute 90% of your repairs so it's nice to know what you need before you get there

• 2 weeks later...

More info to gather:

-Hours of operation

-Receptionist's contact info

-Details of specific machine location

-Date of first contact

-Date of any followup calls/meetings

-Date of Installation

-Machine desc w/ serial numbers

Hope this helps.  :)

Archived