Gumball Machines R US?

golpher

Found this website. http://www.gumballmachinesareus.com/index.html They look like quality machines but who can tell. Does anyone have expeirence with these machines? Also they offer some upgrades such as "optional rocket wheel" , what's that about? I am new to this industry and am looking for the best machines at the best price for my initial purchase.

Andy

I saw that one also. I actually found some used doubles on CL and just went and bought them. 2-AA doubles on a stand , 1-northwestern double on a stand , and 1- don't know the manufacturer double. All for $200. Seemed like a decent deal. They seem to be in good shape, I plan to disassemble, clean, and repaint. Now I just need to find locations. Speaking of locations, what's the deal with the whole charity thing. Do you really need to use that or give commission to the business owner? I thought I would just ask if I could place a machine and see what they said. I'm sure some people on this site would better than me so let me know the best way. Thanks for any help.

Andy

Andy, sounds like a decent buy.  As for locating, using a charity makes it easier.  You ask the prospective location if thew will let you place a machine in it to help support (insert charity here).  Commission also works well.  Just asking "Can I put a machine in here?"  will get you no where fast.

Hey Andy!  Welcome to the forum.  I quickly looked  at your posts and here is some of my feelings.  Please these are my feelings and there maybe others that disagree.  First, I like some of the triples out there.  I own 2, but I would not start with them.  When I first started I bought 2 and called a locator and hit the ground running, I found when I brought the triple in the store the store owner said "WOW! that's a little bigger then I was expecting!"  After driving that thing around in my Taurus for 2 weeks, I was done with vending!

Next, I found there is a difference between a good machine and an OK machine.  I've been impressed with Beaver machines, they are quality machines.  I like the A&A's also, A&A is a good company to work with.

As far as charity, go with your gut.  Most locators really want you to use a charity, it makes it easier for them to place the machine.  There is a charity list on the forum.  I use National Children Cancer Society, they are good to work with.  The cost is $1.50 a month per machine.  My approach is a blend of both, charity and commission.  I really feel I have some high quality pizza locations I would never have got unless I offered a commision.  I also have a few commercial break rooms I would have never got without offering a charity. 

That's my 2 cents, if you PM me, I will send you my phone number and we talk vending.  I've been back in since March and I am far from a pro, but I have spent a lot of time in the last 9 months reading, talking and learning.  For some reason no one in my family wants to hear about cost per vend, machine types, or new locations - I use Vendiscuss as my outlet:D

Thanks for the extra effort on that post. Some good advice. Like I said, I purchased some used doubles last night so they will be starting me off. I like the sound of the children cancer fund, who can say no to children with cancer? I'll let you know you things progress.

Andy

Andy,

welcome to vendiscuss, I think you find just anything you want to know about the vending business on this site.

Like Blueplate I have to throw my 2 cents into just about everything. When you start buying more machines remember one thing, BUY QUALITY MACHINES. You will think yourself for it later on.

And always remember to have fun when you are starting your business. The reason I say that is you will recieve a whole lot more no's then yes' when you are trying to locate your machines. And you will here every excuse in the world on why they don't here them (and if you don't call me and I will tell them to you).

BluePlate wrote: 

...  For some reason no one in my family wants to hear about cost per vend, machine types, or new locations - I use Vendiscuss as my outlet:D

BluePlate,

That's a hoot.  For some reason my wife never wants to hear about it either...UNLESS I bring up the bank deposit slip.

Mark