holiday candy

dapreachaman

do you put holiday candies in your machines?  I was able to buy PMMs and MMs for cheap right after halloween and i am sure i will be able to do so again after christmas.  I asked the manager to mark it down 75% and he did.  It allowed me to buy 14 oz of each for 82 cents.  4 vends and the candy is paid for.  If you are vending 1/2 oz then you will make great money on this candy.  It is the first time i have tried it and hoping it wont bite me later.  any feedback on this would be great.

this was halloween candy and the colors were much brighter almost neon. yeah i thought about the red and greens of Christmas, but then you have valentines with red again right after. what do you think? price is amazing if the manager will work with you. it also allows you to vend a little more so people get hooked on your machine.

that is what i have done is place it where they disappear. so far i have no problems. But again I am using halloween candy that is only brighter and slightly different colors. Christmas colors of red and green may be a little more difficult. We'll see come January.

It was just a thought to try, because of the incredible price. For me 56 oz of pmms is $9 at smart and final. chearest in area. so to get same amount for 3.28 thought worth the risk.

most people just see pmms and dont pay attention to the colors, i think. like i said these are halloween candy so they dont look too different. christmas candy will require some mixing with regular pmms i think. well see huh. price per vend is so cheap it is worth it in my opinion. especially when i can max out how much i vend.

I don't really think I would buy them. I mean, people can look in march-april, and say "Oh, those are from Christmas, ew"

To much trouble IMHO.

Kyle

I agree with you kyle.  It may help sales at first, but will hurt you in the long run.  Too much work and "spoiled" product.

I could never imagine a vendor having to switch out all there PMM machines to Christmas MM, and then the un-sold ones back to regular. Someone would have lots of time on their hands!

I believe that is why sams offers the regular, and then the colored ones. I think the colored ones are more for Christmas bowls in offices/homes. To each his own. 

Kyle

I bought a bunch of these at 125 a bag makeing it 5 $$ instead of 788.

my bro was able to get them down to 1 buck a bag and bought me another 24 little14 oz bags,all halloween.

I opened my machine up at work and told all my help about it,and  put it in other locations as well.as long as you dont buy too much l(like I did) you should be ok.as long as it taste good don`t throw it away either.

buy halloween candy in moderation as soon there will be xmas candy and then valentines day too!!

I agree it will last 6 months if properly stored.

Yeah I normally don't switch any candy but I will take cherry gum balls and green apple and mix them together and make a christmas mix out of them. Just something a little different during the holidays.

I do not get stuck with this either, I will just take after the holidays and mix it slowly back into my assorted gum and get rid of it this way.

I did the Christmas and Easter MMP a few years ago and I found that is was not worth the trouble and I no longer do it. Yes, you can save some money and re-mix it with the regular stuff. Some locations will complain when they see Easter MMP's in November and Christmas MMP's in July. The other problem is that the NW and AA globes are not first-in, first-out. So products tend to get stuck and stale in the lowers corners of the globe. The holiday MMP's really really stick out and some customers WILL notice it and complain. I always try to tip the globe to rotate the stock, but it isn't an exact science.

I also wonder about the freshness of these holiday products. I can not prove this, but when I vended "pure" holiday MMP I received an unusually high number of freshness complaints a few months after the holiday. So was it really the holiday candy or the perception that it was old holiday candy due to their holiday color. Don't really know. I just don't mess with it any more. But in this day, you do what ever to cut costs. Just give us an update 4 months later about how it went.

Jax

"I also wonder about the freshness of these holiday products. I can not prove this, but when I vended "pure" holiday MMP I received an unusually high number of freshness complaints a few months after the holiday. So was it really the holiday candy or the perception that it was old holiday candy due to their holiday color. Don't really know. I just don't mess with it any more. But in this day, you do what ever to cut costs. Just give us an update 4 months later about how it went."

Jax

I think it could be a combination of both perception due to the colors and actual freshness problems.When you are thinking about this question don't forget the amount of time that has elapsed since the  "holiday" candy left the production line. Up here, Sam's started putting out Christmas decorations in September. In the rush to be first off the mark, the retailers and wholesalers start a little earlier each year. If the "holiday" candy is in the stores for September, it was made sometime in August. That would mean it would be a full 4 months old at Christmas. Add four months to that and by April you could very well starting to have some legitimate freshness complaints. I would probably try mixing some in if I were doing this, but I would use small amounts in busy locations and if practical I would try to get it down near the bottom of the globe.  

Ted