DBA Question On Pirates Chest (warning: extremely n00bish)

RikaKazak

This month was the first month I've bought machines without DBA's already installed.  I have extra dbas from buying used machines and guys just giving away all the "extras" they had, and I've even gotten brand new dbas in the box that people just gave me.

My question:  Is there anything I need to do extra when installing a DBA other then plugging it in when the power is off, and mounting it to the frame?  Do all DBAs work with all machines?  Do only certain types work?  Are they're any pitfalls I need to avoid?

Sorry for the extremely n00bish question, it's just in 3 years I've never had a DBA go bad (other then people jamming them with movie ticket stubs or other silly stuff)...I don't know the first thing about them.  Thanks in advance guys, appreciate it :D

The harnesses will plug up the same also, both 12v and 110v will plug in same universal connector so just look at tag hanging on pigtail of DBA to make sure which voltage it is.

I think both ICT and MEI are universally 110v and 12v but there are different pigtails to determine which voltage you will use. The pigtails will have different edge connector and plug in different spot down pins on side of DBA.

Ron

What I mean by universal edge connectors is if you need a 110v ICT and the DBA you have the pigtail says 12v you won't need another DBA but just unplug 12v pigtail from side of DBA and put 110v pigtail in its place, no need to order entire DBA but just get new pigtail as they are universal.

The harnesses will plug up the same also, both 12v and 110v will plug in same universal connector so just look at tag hanging on pigtail of DBA to make sure which voltage it is.

I think both ICT and MEI are universally 110v and 12v but there are different pigtails to determine which voltage you will use. The pigtails will have different edge connector and plug in different spot down pins on side of DBA.

Ron

Some are 12v, some are 110, different brands and powers use different harnesses, your easiest fix is swaping for the same brand, same power, same harness

Unfortunately 2 of the machines are brand new so I can't do that :(

If I mess up, and plug in the wrong voltage dbas, will it hurt anything, or just not work?

edited to add:  And thanks for taking the time to help me out guys, I really do appreciate it :D

Unfortunately 2 of the machines are brand new so I can't do that :(

If I mess up, and plug in the wrong voltage dbas, will it hurt anything, or just not work?

edited to add:  And thanks for taking the time to help me out guys, I really do appreciate it :D

If youplug a low voltage Dba into 120v you will destroy it but a 120v dba plugged into  low voltage will simply not work.

Archived