Location Question

BaneTrain

I had to work today at a fall festival in my local area and while I was there I  talked to the restaurant owner I am hopefully putting a machine in a few weeks when he finishes moving. To my surprise, one of his employees has a screen printing and graphic design business near my house. After talking to him, he told me I could put a gumball machine in his business but doesn't have much walk in traffic and only has 5 full time guys there. He said his guys would love candy but my question to you all is, do you have any locations like this? Is this worth my time? I'd like to have a location instead of a machine just sit in my living room but I also don't want a $2.00 a month account. It could be a homer run though. I guess I will only know after I give it a try. 

I have two of these left. More hassle than they're really worth in my opinion, but they can be done. You just need to go in basically knowing what sort of candy their people want. Ask as many of them as possible.

The setups I have are:

1 PO-89 single selling chicle gum

1 Ultravend Triple selling Mike and Ikes, Skittles, and Chicle gum

Both stops kill it on the chicle gum- though the latter also doesn't do too bad on the Skittles and M&I either.

However, they are still very slow stops (I only check in once every 90 days or so), and though they make enough to warrant keeping them, the day I need either of those machines, they are out of there. Ultimately it's your call, but as I said, these spots are generally more trouble than they are worth for the "average" payout.

Good luck!

That's a good idea, I had just planned to drop a gumball in there since most people like gum. In my situation, it's better than just sitting at my house but I would like to find a better location.If you don't mind me asking, how ,much does it average in a 90 day cycle?

That's a good idea, I had just planned to drop a gumball in there since most people like gum. In my situation, it's better than just sitting at my house but I would like to find a better location.If you don't mind me asking, how ,much does it average in a 90 day cycle?

Of course!

PO80 usually grosses about $30-40 (it'll run the head almost empty).

The triple does between $25-50 with more variance in when it's good and bad- though the chicles sell consistently.

I mean, a location is a location, and it will make more money than it will sitting in your shop, but keep your eyes open for new spots. Good luck!

Of course!

PO80 usually grosses about $30-40 (it'll run the head almost empty).

The triple does between $25-50 with more variance in when it's good and bad- though the chicles sell consistently.

I mean, a location is a location, and it will make more money than it will sitting in your shop, but keep your eyes open for new spots. Good luck!

Well those look like decent numbers for a 90 day spot.

Update:  I installed the single gumball at the Screen Printing and Graphic Design Shop today and was pleasantly surprised. They have a lot more than the 5 employees that I originally thought worked there ( I went off the business card) the true number is closer to 10-12. Also, the traffic was insane, projects everywhere. I even had to wait to talk to my contact. He told me it should do pretty well as a lot of kids come in with their parents plus this location is 1 mile from my house and 50 feet away from another location! Overall, I had a decent day locating. I hit up some places again and had a Mexican restaurant near my house tell me they want my machine but have been too busy with an expansion to really think about it. The owner's wife told me he did want a gumball machine and promised to call me after they finish the expansion in a few weeks. 

Archived