Heaters in cold drink outdoor machines

Grimsweeper

Hello all,

This will be my 1st cold season using outdoor cold drink machines of various makes (Dixie, Royal, Vendo) in the Chicago area. Some still have sales potential through the winter so I'd like to leave them in place year round. I've read mixed ideas on whether the cans will freeze or not. Chicago can get sub-zero. Any thoughts or proven success stories on preventing freezing (if necessary)?

There are heaters for some late model machines.  The best thing is to not have machines outside in such cold weather.  While the evaporator fan does heat the cabinet, cold temps can still freeze the sodas with the diets and waters freezing first.  If you can list the models of machines you have I can check on the availability of heaters.  There may even be a possibility that you have some machines with heaters if they were originally sold in the northeast.

There are heaters for some late model machines.  The best thing is to not have machines outside in such cold weather.  While the evaporator fan does heat the cabinet, cold temps can still freeze the sodas with the diets and waters freezing first.  If you can list the models of machines you have I can check on the availability of heaters.  There may even be a possibility that you have some machines with heaters if they were originally sold in the northeast.

Thanks for the reply AZ. One in particular I would like to leave running through the winter is a Royal 660 or 680. I'll be checking on the machine in the next few days and have more info. No water in there and I can exclude diet.

Archived