Tips and tricks

Rustinm

Hello,

I have heard a couple tips and tricks from other places that you may or may not know. If you have more please share. First, I have heard that if you spray sticky items like mike and ikes with non-flavored pam that it will prevent the candy from sticking together. Also, I have heard that if you put a thin layer of vaseline on the base of the machine that it will keep bugs off your machine. If these are true please let me know. And if you have more I am all ears

I don't know if I would want slimy M&I out of a vending machine. It would creap me out. The vasoline trick does work, for the most part. I had a machine that was attacked by ants. They crossed the vasoline barrier! That was the only case. I guess if they are really hungary and desperate they can't be stopped.

Pam is actually the preferred method of keeping M&I from sticking together during the warmer months. If done correctly, it is not noticeable.

Type "Pam Spray" in the search box on the left and see what it brings up. ;)

Steve

Rustinm

First, welcome to the board. I use Pam on M&I and Hot Tamales all year round. The humidity is always a big factor down here. Spray it on a wooden spoon and stir the candy around. It doesn't make the candy slimy or greasy but it does keep them from clumping.

I don't use the vaseline. To protect my machine from ants, I use bay leaves. On my triples I place one under each coin tray and the doubles they are in the body of the machines. I replace them every three months. So far it has done the trick.