Pokertek Heads Up Challenge

brendio

Does anyone have experience with Pokertek Heads Up Challenge machines? I know they are not made any more, so support could be hard to get, but I am looking at one second hand. It is the commercial model, but has no bill validator. I tried to find specs or a manual for it to know how easy it is to put another one in but came up with nothing.

If anyone has these, how do they do on location? I think they look pretty nifty and play on the televised poker trend, but not sure if I am just biased by that. I think it would be cool to play, but not sure whether patrons would be keen to pay to play.

• 1 year later...

Bumping my old thread. A year later and I couldn't help myself and went and bought one of these on eBay for a decent price. It has the coin mech and bill validator in place and works fine set on free play. When I tried to enter config mode, it brings up an error message and then restarts itself. I can't read the message quick enough before it disappears. Wondering if anyone has a manual for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to turn such a nice looking piece of equipment into a 60-in-1. My 60-in-1 doesn't do much in turnover.

If I can't get the payment system working, i will probably just keep it for a couple of guys poker sessions and then re-sell. I should easily get back what I paid for it.

55 minutes ago, ussb1 said:

I only converted to 60 in 1 and sold them because I had zero interest at $550 Canadian for a complete working heads up poker machine.

Ouch!

How much do 60-in-1 machines sell for there?

Archived