Genesis model 173 deli combo

Javaman

I have an opportunity to purchase one of these but ive heard bad things about it. Can someone please give me the skinny on the machine and on getting it repaired

Once it fails? Are the vend motors , the control board and the compressor all easily replaceable if they fail? Is the machine worth $1000 used? Will it work in a busy

location without constant headaches? Your inputs and experiences with this machine would be greatly appreciated.

If the bad things you've heard are from this forum then that is valid information.  If those bad things were heard somewhere else then that person also feels like we do about imported machines.  These are cheesy sheetmetal machines with plexiglass windows.  They are poorly supported by Seaga who is based in Minnesota but sources ALL of their parts and assemblies from the far East.  Their parts are expensive, if even available, and the machine designs are poor.  The logic boards are not repaired by anyone including Seaga so you always have to buy a $400 plus logic board.  The cooling systems will inexplicably stop working and it's usually due to poor programming, a bad imported relay or a bad board.  You can't even get a wiring diagram from Seaga for ANY machine they have sold.  I'm speaking from experience as a repair tech.

Ok but I don't have any used combo machines for sale here in Ottawa, Ontario. Would you be able to recommend something I should look for? I have a lead on a seaga vc630 and I know seaga is not the best but I'm kinda stuck,,,have a location but no machine! Not a lot of Crane or AP machines available here. Thanks

I would try very hard to avoid Seaga at all costs unless it's at a giveaway price.  That way if it works fine for awhile you can get your money back out of it.  Otherwise if you need a combo then look for an AP LCM4 or Studio series combo, or National Combos.  Those at least have good parts and tech support though they are only for cans and snacks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I unfortunelty in a close period of time bought 5 seaga office deli machines, un placed.. after placing the first 2 they were such garbage i held off placing the other 3.. kinda forgot about them in storage but seriously considering giving them away or throwing them away!! they are terrible machines!!

I acquired 6 Genesis office delis that were already placed, much better machine then the seaga even though they look the same, haven't had any major mechanical issues, but lots of stuck product issues if its not me doing the stocking of the machine... But still in the end..

STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY SUCK

Archived