Credit Card swipers?

bhysteria

If you have a coin mech in it then post the model number and I can tell you if it's MDB or not. If you do have a mech it probably is MDB. If you dont have one then either consult the manual or post a very clear photo of the full logic board so I can see if it has an MDB port. You can also send me a photo at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

I don't see an obvious MDB port though the bottom one in the center might be. What does it go to? If it's not an MDB port then maybe another 5 or 6 pin connector is for MDB but would require an interface harness to make it compatible. Such a harness would need to be supplied by Barrista. Again, refer to both your parts and operating manual for more info. If you have the manual in PDF form then email it to me and I'll look it over, or send me the link.

Page 2 shows the location of the CPU Card (logic board) and monetary install locations on the door. Pages 24 and 25 discuss coinage and it specifically mentions MDB. Page 31 shows the programming steps to take to turn on MDB. There is mention of a "kit" for this on page 25, I think. If this machine is out of production then the "kit" probably isn't available and you probably can't get a new logic board if your doesn't work right. It appears that you could install a coin mech and/or a card reader on the door and if the connector on the bottom of the logic board is for MDB you would just need a short MDB harness to start with. You may be able to make it card-only but it would have to be tried out experimentally.

If you are only going to do the card reader then you only need a one way MDB harness.  If you are going to do a coin mech and card reader then you'll need a two way Y connector harness though the Y part should come with the card reader so I think you'll only need the one way harness.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived