Pizza Machines

PerformaVending

While perusing Craigslist, I found this bizarre ad for some Pizza vending machines near me. Selling them for $75 each, they look like something out of an 80's Biz-Op, but I don't know any more about them. The few other pictures are too blurry to make out anything.

d66cded669c3cdaf2d363220fcb29a62.png

I am trying to picture how such a thing would ever work under any circumstance. Heating elements, cooling elements, cheese and meat? The service time and expiration on product alone would make the lackluster product ludicrously expensive at best. I can think of no way selling pizza out of vending machines would ever be a viable business platform. Yet, here they are- testament that a manufacturer, supplier, importer, and finally customer all believed that. All the while having to deal with problems like this...

d1ecc0493d03de95061ecd7f2a07e002.jpg

TL;DR, Pizza machines are not a good business practice, despite the fact these machines somehow continue to circulate around.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they would be great in a vending machine museum. They make a great nostalgic piece or something that would go great in a man-cave, but as a viable business model they are not.

keep posting these great finds. I always love reading about the most obscure side of vending.

I think they would be great in a vending machine museum. They make a great nostalgic piece or something that would go great in a man-cave, but as a viable business model they are not.

keep posting these great finds. I always love reading about the most obscure side of vending.

I've got piles of stuff like this I'm afraid. The vending industry is weird.

I am familiar with these machines I also saw these and I am still contemplating buying them because I am a sucker for the old classic oddball machines. inside there is a small freezer that holds and vends the frozen small pizzas towards the top that square is a microwave powered by a timer usually 5 minuets for a quarter so machine vends a frozen pizza you unwrap it and pop it in the micro to cook it     I actually have 4 old mechanical snack machines with built in timed micros for popcorn and although they look ancient and not too pretty the micro part bring in some $$ you do not have to buy product from the machine to use the micro the micro is on its own quarter vend timer

performa you say you have some old weird machines and I say I am a sucker for them and it looks like you are in wisconsin I am in upper michigan do you ever post some of your old weird stuff on craigslist in wisconsin because I buy most of my stuff from wisconsin and chicago off of craigslist I wish I could see what you have because I love old wierd different machines and I buy them every chance I get        my email is   gross@nmu.edu if you want to contact me

performa you say you have some old weird machines and I say I am a sucker for them and it looks like you are in wisconsin I am in upper michigan do you ever post some of your old weird stuff on craigslist in wisconsin because I buy most of my stuff from wisconsin and chicago off of craigslist I wish I could see what you have because I love old wierd different machines and I buy them every chance I get        my email is   gross@nmu.edu if you want to contact me

You're in luck. I'm parting out some of my older oddballs that just aren't up to standards anymore. Not junk, just obsolete for my needs.

Archived