Machines placed outside

Quarter Master

I am looking at placing some machines outside this spring & summer in a couple of places like a petting zoo. Anybody already have machines exposed to the elements ? What kind of machines would be good and have you any major problems with them ? I'm looking at some brand new V-Lines still in the box.

I remember at a local zoo there were Eagle machines with fish food mounted to wooden posts.  They've been there at least 3 years I know of and seem to hold up fine.  How would you secure the machine so someone doesn't walk off with it?

I don't think any of these bulk vending machines should be outside in the elements.

The sun, heat & rain will destroy the candy in them. I had my 1800 machines in the rain, by accident, at one account and all the candy was wet and had to be thrown away.

Maybe someone knows of waterproof machines but the sun will still kill the candy in a couple of days. The zoo is a great place but you need to find shelter for your machines.

Gary

The machines would be vending animal food pellets provided by the petting zoo.Also the machines would have a sticker stateing "Not for human consumption."They would be mounted on a fence post and be covered by a box that I would construct just for that purpose and ease of serviceing.The animals are located well away from the main building.

I was in Florida this past summer and on one of the piers was a Northwestern Super 80 set at a .25c vend for fish food. It was inside a welded steel box with only the front showing. It was making a killing. Wish I had taken a picture of it.

Gary

I'm not selling the machines. Right now we are still in the "figuring out a contract" stage.I've asked them to provide me with a figure in their budget. Most likely be leasing the machines and servicing them at a set price and they get the quarters.At least I'm leaning that way.We're talking about a dozen machines.