NW 80s - problem vending 1" Acorn Capsules?

nepavend

Have any of you noticed any problems with a NW Series 80 with a 1" toy wheel vending the Acorn toy capsules?  I ran into this on Saturday servicing a stop and if an acorn capsule got stood up in the wheel it got stuck on the brush housing and didn't vend.  I tried loosening the brush housing and the spring on the housing, but it didn't work.  I ended up have to empty the head and refill with all round capsules.

Yea, those acorn caps can be a problem - not just jamming, but breaking open as well. I try to avoid acorn caps as much as possible for both 1 and 2 inch. Sometimes a baffler will help. But the best solution is to vend round caps as you have done. Cardinal uses round caps for most of their 2 inch and also sells them empty to cap your own stuff. Another reason why I like Actionmatic - the best selection of 1 inch toys in round caps.

Jax

I had a phone conversation with Bob Butler awhile back and one of the things he told me was to check the security of all capsules ( 2.0 and 1.1 ) coming from A & A because they have a problem sealing them correctly.