USI Snack Mart goes POP - Repair person around Boston

chadt74

Hi all, last night I was filling my USI Snack Mart Glassfront Merchandiser IIIA Series and when I started to push in the top shelf afer socking and the wire behind the shelf made a loud POP and I smelt the matalic burning smell and the power to the whole machine was off.  I did not have much time to check this out because I had to leave.  I recently purchased this machine and just started off in the vending business so I really do not know too much about this machine.  Where do I start to fix/diagnose this issue and how bad could this be?  Also does anyone know a competent repair person or company  around Boston?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

That would be a 24v short behind that shelf probably caused by a stray wire that got pinched when you pushed the shelf back in. Unplug that shelf harness from the right side wall and then pull the shelf out and find the damaged wire.  All wires in that harness should be tucked into and woven into the back of the shelf so none stick out to get caught and pinched.

Once you correct this then plug the shelf back in.  Reset your tripped circuit breaker on the top of the power switch box on the sliding coin mech panel and then see if the mach now works.  If it powers up but won't work then the short might have blown the logic board. 

If you need a new logic board you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

If you need to repair the wire then use a crimp-on butt splice.  It may be an unused wire that would just need to be taped up and tucked into the back of the shelf.  If the harness is totally jacked up then you may need to replace the shelf harness but I doubt you'll need to resort to that.

Archived