Coin mech and DNA swap question.

Mikez76sp

I received a service call that. Machine was not taking bills on my DN501. The DNA takes 1 out of every 10 bills and now the coin mech will not give change. 

The DBA is a coinco mag 30 110v and the coin mech is a coinco g702. The coin mech makes a hum like it wants to kick out change but does not. 

My question is what would be a direct swap for these pieces of equipment and can this machine already be mdb as it seems to be hooked up with a MDB harness? I ask because I did not think 110v equipment can be MDB but I don't know much.

Thanks

Coinco BA and Mag 110v validators also have MDB built into them.  It was an odd setup from Coinco but very convenient.  Your issue is with the coin mech.  Those models were very troublesome and you can replace it with any MDB mech.  If you need one you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  Change the coin mech first and plug it in without the validator.  As long as it works fine then you can reconnect the validator and it should be working as well.

You can use any piece that is MDB.  Such pieces will also be 24v and have the 6 pin MDB connector on them.  Just being 24v doesn't make them MDB as there are normal 12 and 15 pin mechs in 24v and 110v.  Late model validators that are 24v are also capable of being connected as MDB with the proper harness.  You can continue to use the Mag30 validator you have since it is MDB capable.

Archived