Saeco 200 Coin/Payment Setup

skruse

It would seem that I am struggling.  Recently purchased a used SAECO 200 coffee vending machine from a private party.  He was using the machine in a larger company and was contracted with them to get paid per cup on a monthly basis using the cup counter.  I however would like to use the coin vending option.  This is where my struggle begins.....I cant get it to work.  I believe I have programed the coffee machine correctly and have enabled the coin validator.  The coin mechanism is plugged into the CPU, however the coin mechanism never accepts the coin.....the payment is returned and not recognized. Any advice is much appreciated.  I can dispense free coffee all day....just cant figure out how to get the machine to accept payment.

Thanks

Scott

You probably have to take it off of free vend or set prices in the machine so the coin mech has something to do.  If all prices are at zero or the free vend option is turned on then the coin mech will be disabled.

Thank you for your reply.  I know for sure it is not on free vend.  When I press a beverage, the screen indicates price required (in this case it is 0.25).  It is very possible however I have programmed incorrectly. While I have the instruction manual it does not do a great job of explaining how to set up "price value" and "beverage price".  I am only assuming that I have set that portion up correctly

Allow me to provide my menu options and current settings:

Payment System

• Coin Validator
    • Enable: YES
    • Coin Value COIN 01: 0.25 (there are 6 options under coin value COIN 01-06.....with the exception of COIN 01 all the others are listed at 0.00) My understanding of this menu option is that I am selecting acceptable coins.  In my case I only want to use quarters.
  • Bank Note Validator
    • Enable: NO
      • Inhibition level-1
    • Bank Note Value
      • Banknote 01: 0.01 (there are 99 options under this category)
  • Saeco Card
  • Protocol: NO PROTOCOL
    • Options under this menu category include:
      • MDB Slave
      • Exec Master Slave
      • PHD  Master Slave
      • Executive
      • Price Holding/Disp
      • BDV
      • MDB

Price Management

• Price Value
    • Price 01: 0.25
    • Price 02-99: 0.00
  • Beverage Prices:
    • Normal
      • Set Global
        • 001: 0.25
        • 002-99: 0.00
      • Set Single
        • B01 001: 0.25

It is completely plausible that I don't have the machine properly programmed. Again I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Scott

Archived