Beaver Rack. Is this a good deal?

Honda man

Hi

I found what I think is a good deal but wanted to get some input from some of you with more experience. The guy is asking $600 for this rack of Beaver machines. Comes with whatever product is in the machines plus 2 boxes of toys. Rack is on wheels. One of the small machines is missing a lock. I don't know how much use they've had . He seems pretty firm on the price and says that this setup sells for about $1,000 new.

Another concern (if this indeed is a good deal) is how difficult it might be to place a rack of this size.  Could I seperate them? Charity or commission? Location? There's a nice Chinese buffet iin town that I might contact. No other machines there.

What questions should I be asking about these machines?

Thanks

Ernie

This is a beaver 9-way with wings for 2 heads, You "Might" be able remove the wings for just a 9-way, otherwise you will need 2 5-way rack stands from Beaver or whoever you choose to break them down into two 5-ways.  $600 isnt a terrible price for that setup, and with the extra stock and such it helps too.  But it is a bear to locate unless you have an existing rack location or a real good chinese buffet like you say there is nearby, I would eat lunch there and give it a shot, nothing to lose... plus you want to make sure it is a good buffet before you even ask to place it!

Ernie,

Stop DO NOT DO THIS!!! Look at the date on the photo. It will be years before you can even pick it up to locate it. Beaver will certainly have come out with better machines by then. But I would suggest to try the buffett. Chinese is always a great lunch!

Thanks for the info. I'm going to focus on placing the machines that I already have. The rack is probably more of a challenge than I can handle at this point, so decided not to get them.

I'm going to purchase a couple of single or double heads though. My insurance agent gave the ok to place a machine in his office, but my 4 selection VD's are way more than his 4 person office could support.

Kai, I appreciate your sense of humor!:D   Kind of a Back to the Future thing.

Ernie

Ernie,

Stop DO NOT DO THIS!!! Look at the date on the photo. It will be years before you can even pick it up to locate it. Beaver will certainly have come out with better machines by then. But I would suggest to try the buffett. Chinese is always a great lunch!

That is funny, good catch:D