Candy works and Curtis machines

AMD Snacks

Hey all, bought a rack from a guy for the rack and stand...came with some beaver parts...and some machines that look like beavers...but they say candy works on the mechs and lid. I'm having a hard time trying to research these things...some say Curtis too which I believe are beavers in disguise. Anyone know something about these? 488f3861fb4c6e94fdb7ad2eb86c9a58.jpg

Candy Works and Curtis are names of operating companies, not machines, they just had doors and lids cast for them. Curtis went broke a long time ago and most locations went former employees under the new name Candy Works. They are still in business. I believe there are three partners. They run a lot of NW which also have specialty cast doors etc. You find the machines all the time because they were so big at one time. I don't think they have ever sold a machine. Machines probably came from a closed location that the operator couldn't recover the equipment from. Or just stolen at one time or another.

That's interesting. Seems pricy to have a company custom cast mechs and lids for you. So what you're saying is, that I still have good beaver parts on these machines more than likely?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes they may be Beavers. Actually a few years back a lot of operators had custom parts made. I think the minimum order from several different companies was 3000 pieces, same price as long as you paid for the casting mold. Over the years there have been many larger operators that had NW S60s made with their initial embossed in the machine body.

Maybe of interest. Curtis was "pushed over the edge" when they got behind in their commission payments to their charity, March of Dimes. I heard several numbers but I am pretty sure it was over 1.5 million when they went out.

Archived