Usi 3505/3506 not vending drinks

Gary B

Hi Guys hopefully some of you can shine some insight. I have a few Usi 3506 & 3505 satellite vending machines. And I've been having some issues with the drinks not Vending. Every now and then it says they're sold out or make another selection. They're not sold out the machine is fulll. I do a motor test l, went through the control board and reset all of the vend counts to zero. This seem to fix the problem for all but one.

1 still freaks out. Works for about a week and then tells you to choose another selection,  it will not vend the drinks. I also checked the drop sensor number, followed the user manual changed the reading up and down nothing seems to work.

When I do a motor test it will sometimes vend one to two drinks before it finally starts working properly. I then put money through the machine to test it in sales mode and everything works fine but eventually it stops vending again. I've checked all the connections tried unplugging and plugging the machine back in all of the drink selections are set to the correct can or bottle setting.

The only thing I have left is either changing the drop sensor itself or maybe a faulty control board.

If this happens to all the selection in the machine regardless of what the drop sensor is set for then first inspect the entire length of the drop sensor cable for any nicks or cuts.  If you find any damage then replace the drop sensor.  Make sure the delivery chute is properly installed.  If all is physically okay then you probably just have a bad sensor.

Thanks AZVendor.

None of the wires appeared damaged, but I did disconnect and reconnect all the connections. This last time I noticed they must have moved the machines because the wires in the back were very tight. I wonder if it made a bad connection. When doing a  motor test afterwards and going through sales it never once double vended or any other hiccups. In an case I'll order some spares to be on the safe side. Thanks again!

Archived