Anyone locate in factories

joebob051977

One of the companies I used to work for had their corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Roanoke Va. I visited there several times. They had 5 single heads all around the place. 1 in each break room at least 2 in the office area. Everytime I was there I saw people dumping quarters into the machines like they were slot machines. (Ok I'm exagerating a little.) It was a good location, about 50 employees in the building. They had PM&M's, Hot Tamales and Mike and Ikes. One machine had mint gum too.

I am interested in a place not too far from my house. They just expanded their building and they run 3 shifts. I would love to get a machine or two in there.

David

I have one in a printing company.  It is in their break room with their big snack and soda units.  Wasn't doing very well with candy I tried in it---probably because already in snack unit.  Tried some Jelly Belly gumballs recently as a last resort.  Bingo:)  Now an excellent location---hope the gumball craze lasts forever!  Wouldn't have thought the JB's would do well, because smoking is allowed in the breakroom---there went my theory:shock:

Ginger Vend

Wouldn't have thought the JB's would do well, because smoking is allowed in the breakroom---there went my theory:shock:

Goes to show you that you never know until you try! Kudos on making it work Ginger!

Steve

I have one in a printing company.  It is in their break room with their big snack and soda units.  Wasn't doing very well with candy I tried in it---probably because already in snack unit.  Tried some Jelly Belly gumballs recently as a last resort.  Bingo:)  Now an excellent location---hope the gumball craze lasts forever!  Wouldn't have thought the JB's would do well, because smoking is allowed in the breakroom---there went my theory:shock:

Ginger Vend

I don't know where you are located, but starting Jan 1, no smoking in workplaces in Illinois. Which means....Gumballs!!!!!

in a break room moving a machine just a few feet can make the biggest difference in the world if the machine is slow.

i had one on the far side of the room next to the soda and snack machines and it sucked.  moved it 10 ft to the spot next to the door and it made quite a jump.

I guess it just depends on the location. I have a few of my machines in factores. One factory i have that makes turbo chargers does $50 a month for me and I have mike and ikes and hot tamales in there.

Then i had one in caterpillar the company that makes all the contrcution equipment and it didnt go $5.00 in thier break room so you never know. Just keep plugging away until you find the right spot.

I just got started a couple months ago and dont have any located in a factory breakroom yet. I have some in other type of break rooms but not factories.

I work in a factory though and thats what got me thinking about this business. We have about 200 employees working there and someone has some machines in there (PMM And mike and ike) and i see them going down all the time and quickly. I know the guy is doing well. We also have 2 gumball machines there and they are both sittign there empty for a few months. I might go to human resources and see if i can put some gum machines in since that guy isnt tending to his.

We have a HUGE harley davidson plant here in my town, damn would i love to get setup in that breakroom $$$$$$$

These have been great for me, I would say you will obviously do better the bigger it is but also I have some out in the middle of nowhere and except for the full line vendors and taco truck, they have no stores or fast food places to really got to.

Jimbo

• 1 month later...

I try to target factories.  I run mainly triples, and figured, after reading alot of posts on here, that you gotta have alot of volume of people to support a triple.  All of my triples are doing great, will really 2 out of the 3 sides are doing great, the gumballs haven't really done as good, but really, not all that bad.

I am wanting to  purchase more triples, and factories is exactly where I'm putting them.

West Coast Vend, any place that manufacters products is a good place, as long as it employees enough people.  Because these areas are actually private property, you won't see anyone from the "public" enter these, so the employee base is all you have to work with.  In order for me to place a triple in a factory breakroom, I need 100 or more employees.  But I'm sure a single would do just fine in smaller areas.

I am talking to a large employer by me that has about 1300 employees with 4 separate breakrooms, If I get in the door, I will definitely place triples in every location, and possibly a dentyne Ice machine as well.

I have some of these factory along my route but have no machine in them .  Let just say I am not sure on how to enter these places if this is a place the public does not enter ?? ..  So how would I sell my machine to the location ...by phone  ?  How did you all that have factories go about this ?

If you do not know someone "higher up" within the factory, I believe your best bet is to call.  It varies on the position of person who makes these decisions, but I have found that the Human Resource Department, or the Plant Manager are a good place to start.

One thing that I have tossed around is alot of factories around here have there own charity.  Some use the United Way, others us Relay for Life.  If you know what charity the establishment already sponsors, then you can use their charity as a gateway in the door.

Hope this helps

• 6 months later...

If you do not know someone "higher up" within the factory, I believe your best bet is to call.  It varies on the position of person who makes these decisions, but I have found that the Human Resource Department, or the Plant Manager are a good place to start.

One thing that I have tossed around is alot of factories around here have there own charity.  Some use the United Way, others us Relay for Life.  If you know what charity the establishment already sponsors, then you can use their charity as a gateway in the door.

Hope this helps

The charity makes a big difference!!! I was using NCCS, however the factory's Accounting office researched NCCS on www.charitynavigator.com and said it got a poor rating and they wouldn't allow me to place a machine there with such a poor rating. All of the formal vending charities got very bad ratings, so I scrapped that plan. I revised my plan stating that my machines would support the Sunshine Kids Network instead of NCCS. They researched it and saw it was rated even higher than Ronald McDonald House.  They were impressed! The door is open for their 4 other factory locations nearby as well as the offices.

As far as getting in to talk to someone, these companies are always being solicited to make a donation and many times they do donate if the charity is good. Won't they be suprised when you call them up and tell them that you don't want a donation for charity, Just a couple of square feet in the break room.  Call them...mail=trash. Keep the ball in your hands as long as you can. It may take a couple of trips to the factory to talk to them and deal with some of the red tape, but it's worth it.

I'm probably getting mobilized with the Air National Guard so I decided to do a quick check of my new locations. I had one at the local college...STOLEN! I put the cheapest piece of crap out there since I was concerned about theft. My factory location has been there for 5 shifts and already had $6.00 in it! It made having my machine stolen much more bearable. I decided to fill it all the way since I may be gone for a month and it doesn't have a lot of capacity.