Quote of the day

new2this

Does this fit the current economic situation or what?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.  What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.  When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~ Thomas Jefferson ~~~

Wow!! What an awesome tidbit from Mr. Jefferson!! That is the good ole USA in a f**ke* nutshell. We are headed for third world status even faster than I thought we would. I have my matress packed tight underneath with stuff. Know what I mean?

I like the quote. Personal responsibility and accountability are out, leeching off others is in right now. God help us, we need it.

Here is another quote for you from a junior high student. "Life is like passing gas, if you try to force it you are likely to end up with a big mess." LOL don't force it guys and have a great day.

I hope you have gold & silver under that matress rather then worthless paper TBird. In the event of third world status that paper may only be good enough for wiping. As for quotes I have always liked "I have upped my standards so now up yours".

Just remember the economy was in good shape until W. spent 8 years in the office. The current administration did not create this mess they inherited it.

Just remember W. inherited it from Clinton. 75% of Obama's cabinet is made up of Clintonites. So, where are we headed again?

Quote on a bathroom wall:

We Aim To Please   Your Aim Will Help

Just remember the economy was in good shape until W. spent 8 years in the office. The current administration did not create this mess they inherited it.

I agree it was inherited, but his stimuondaldlas package is wrong. A little history for the young folks. When Reagan was president, the ecomomy was in worse shape than today. But being a replubilcan he did not give away trillons, he raised interest rate, cut corporate taxes, cut capitol gains etc. I bought a piece of retal property during this time and was paying 18% interest on the loan. After his 2nd term this country enjoyed 25 years of prosperity. I just don't see how the current plan has a snow balls chance of working.