Installing Bill Aceptor in a 1984 Vendo Pepsi Machine

Magister

10 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Keep in mind, a vendor can invest several thousand dollars at an account without much more than an educated guess of revenue. $200-$300 is nothing. 

The only problem with dropping $250-$300 on the equipment to update this one is I can go out and buy a different Vending Machine for around $350 that already has all that stuff installed.  I'll probably do this if it turns out the machine will actually make money with a Bill Acceptor.  I'm not looking to make enough money to retire on.  It's just something on the side to make a few bucks at the place I work at. 

3 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

1) I am not sure I agree about being able to fit a bill acceptor in that area over the coin mech, just from eyeballing the photos it's hard to tell.   I think the units may be a little too tall, when I get by my shop I will measure a couple and give you some numbers....

2) If the machine is good enough to upgrade, then you can always use it at a different account if the one it's in now flops.  I have been trying to get away from older equipment in general because of parts issues, but any machine that works and makes you money is a good machine..

I had someone take measurements of one and it looks like it will fit just fine.  The one thing I was worried about the most was how much it stuck out the back. 

1 hour ago, Magister said:

The only problem with dropping $250-$300 on the equipment to update this one is I can go out and buy a different Vending Machine for around $350 that already has all that stuff installed.  I'll probably do this if it turns out the machine will actually make money with a Bill Acceptor.  I'm not looking to make enough money to retire on.  It's just something on the side to make a few bucks at the place I work at. 

Well.. if you can't decide if $250-$300 is worth doing, that's your issue.  How about you at least say how much it makes each week and maybe we can determine what kind of sales lift to expect.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

Well.. if you can't decide if $250-$300 is worth doing, that's your issue.  How about you at least say how much it makes each week and maybe we can determine what kind of sales lift to expect.

It is basically making nothing.  I have no doubt the reason being that most of the people that stop there don't carry change with them.  I'm one of the truck drivers that refuels there and even I don't carry change with me.  I mean, if I'm wrong and a Bill Validator doesn't change anything, I'll just pull the machine and put it in my garage.  

Well, basically nothing is subjective. That can be anything from $0 to $40/week depending on who you ask, but if it really is "basically nothing" as you call it then you might as well cut your losses and take it out, but you could see an increase anywhere from double to 10x as much with a bill acceptor.  It sounds like you bought the machine cheap because you didn't expect to make much anyway.  There's really nothing more we can do to help.

7 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Well, basically nothing is subjective. That can be anything from $0 to $40/week depending on who you ask, but if it really is "basically nothing" as you call it then you might as well cut your losses and take it out, but you could see an increase anywhere from double to 10x as much with a bill acceptor.  It sounds like you bought the machine cheap because you didn't expect to make much anyway.  There's really nothing more we can do to help.

Actually, I wasn't planning on it being a source of income.  Just something to having going on the side.  Like I said, I bought a cheap machine to test the area and see what happens.  Clearly not much without a Bill Acceptor.  Once I have one installed, if that doesn't do anything for it, I'll just pull it and take it home.  

Archived