Help with a dollar bill validator

Lucky7

Hello thanks in advance for any help you can provide as i am at my end of things to try.  I have a GF19 (serial Number 700723) where the bill validator has stopped working all together.  When the machine is powered up it does not cycle or make a sound.  It is a NB-11B-400C and does not have any LEDs to help with troubleshooting that I can find (See Pic).  There is a CoinCo 9300 Series installed as well (See Pic).  To this point I have tried another rebuilt validator I purchased on Ebay ( Maka NB-11B-400) without luck.  Note: the four pin connector was a bit different however I swapped it out with the original using the same color combination as what had been installed.  I had a know working CoinCo 9300 Series I also installed in the machine not working and still was unable to get the validator going.  My next step is to confirm I have power going to the validator.  I am assuming that the six pin connector with only two wires is the power??  What should I see for voltage here?  Or is there other troubleshooting I should do to figure out my issue.  I have attached pictures to help see what I have.  Again thanks for any help or advice.

IMG_20170925_175508348 1.jpg

IMG_20170925_175549925 1.jpg

IMG_20170925_175611172 1.jpg

IMG_20170925_175832180 1.jpg

IMG_20170925_175946015 1.jpg

Your power is in the 4 pin connector.  The two pin connector is for the credit pulse to the logic board. If your replacement doesn't power up but the old one does without working further then your ebay find is bad.  If neither one powers up and the original used to work then you may have lost your 110v to the validator so check the 4 pin harness.

Since your door allows for a full face mask on the validator that means you can upgrade from the Maka.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need an upgrade.

The original validator was working fine prior to quitting.   At this time neither the old one or the rebuilt one from ebay will cycle or make a sound when I power on the machine. I have checked the 4 pin connector and have 120v on the red/green wires and the blue/green wires.  The ebay validator had a slightly different connector than the original one.  Looking at the picture of the four pin connector above pin 1 (left most pin) is not round like the pin next to it and the the one from ebay pin 1 was round.  I swapped out the 4 pin connector from the original validator with the ebay one (keeping same color order and tested) with out luck.  Was this a good test?  I am not sure what to try from here.  What would an upgrade from the Maka cost?

Thanks

Archived