National 148

Edin

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knew, why would my snack machine not accept or read coins at all any more? It is crane national 148 and I do have this machine for many years now. It has NEWER given me ANY kind of trouble. One of my most dependable machines EVER.  At any rate last week I went to restock my location and I did not have any coins in my coin holder down bellow. I tried it and it did not work. So I went back home and found replacement from  a working machine. Same kind. Plug it in and again the same, coins go through but wont read or go into tubes..  I tried to reset machine and it did not work. Bills work. Only thing different at this point, would be that I installed coin changer right next to the machine. I bolted it to my another machine right next to 148, and it is relatively close. Would there be any frequency issue or anything electronically? I thought it has a separate unit, but one never knows? Any input helps. I appreciate it.. Thank you

When you use bills to buy a product does the coin mech pay any change?  If not then you have a bad coin mech power board.  It provides rectified power to the coin mech and bill validator through two different circuits.  If you need one you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived