Royal Vendors Merlin 2000 Problem

Javaman

I have a problem with a RV Merlin 2000.  I was changing a column and while trying to insert a new label in the selection window I experienced a brief short that resulted in two cans droppping from the columns. When i tried to vend a beverage after this I got a “HOLD” message followed by a “Sold Out” message on all selections.  The display seems fine dispalying 00 and the cpu is cycling thru all the codes properly but the machine is not vending?  Also when I cycle to “DT” to test the motors nothing happens when i depress each selection?

is there something I ned to reset or perhaps a fuse I need to replace to get the machine to vend?  Everything wa working fine prior to this brief short.  

6A2B0818-15FC-4DF3-AFD6-E55EAEFBC494.jpeg

Could you be more specific on where this fuse is?  I dont have a lot of experience on these machines and there is no bill acceptor on this machine as it is coin only.

if it is the “motor driver” what do i have to replace?  The entire board?  Is that consistent with the “HOLD”and “Sold Out” messages?

thanks

Javaman

The motor fuse box assy is usually mounted to the coin changer plug bracket. Follow your changer harness. My money is on the fuse you will find there. If I remember right it's a 4 amp fast blow (AGC-4)

Ok this is consistent with what the manual says...will the fuse holder be easily accessible  (obvious) on the front of the changer plug bracket?  This fuse will be a 120v/4Amp  fast blow fuse i can buy at any hardware store?  

Javaman

Archived