What's up with XYZ Vending?

vipergts

Has anyone had any luck with these guys?  I met with Brian last month and bought 4 of his triple machines and since have had 5 coin mechs break.  These were new and in different locations for less than 1 month!  The machines have a 2 yr warranty and I have called both numbers listed for them and left messages.  I can't get a response by email either. 

Before I bought these, Brian answered the phone every time I called.  Now I have been calling everyday for 2 weeks and can't get an answer or a call back, what gives?! 

XYZ is very erratic with customer service. I am soooooo done with them. I have a few Easy Pros from XYZ that have had coin mech issues and lock opening problems. When I first started in vending, I thought they were a good price point alternative to the more expensive machines.

There is no compromising quality. I learned that by making mistakes ie: XYZ Vending.

I even told Kevin a while ago that he needs to hire a customer service rep. He said thank you for the suggestion but that would make him raise his prices.  That may be better than losing customers no?

When I started out I bought 17 XYZs. Like TBird I thought the prices were fair and liked the way the cannisters made servicing easy.

I had 2 coin mechs break. Luckily I was able to get a hold of Kevin/Brian and he sent me out replcements.

However, getting a hold of them was a pain. Having to wait for days for a reply drove me nuts. Calling them was useless as I always got vmail.

It turned out good for me. I stopped buying XYZs at $145/ea and started buying used machines for $15-25/ea :)

It never ceases to amaze me how businesses lose customers because of basic customer service failings. Answering a phone, replying to emails, communicating all go a long way towards keeping existing customers and getting new ones.

Kevin

Maybe it is a new batch from China that is bad. I have had a new one for over a year with no problems ever.

I figured this myself.  I mean, how else can 5 of 12 break within a month? 

I am new to this business as well and these were the first machines I purchased.  They look great and are exactly what I wanted but because of this, I will no longer buy any from them.

I have called countless times and left voicemails and emails with no response.  This week I'm going to file a claim with the BBB and see if that doesn't get their attention. 

I have been having a really tough time with XYZ too. I called them and they told me I needed to email them. I tried to email them several times and have yet to get a response.

I had my coin shoots break on my Easy Pro's and want replacements. It isn't an expensive part, but it jams up and turns my machine into a free vend machine. The employees have figured this out. So it costs me money.

I too am done with XYZ Vending. I liked the Easy Pro because the price was right and it was so easy to service. However, I am done with XYZ Vending. I am now strictly using Oak. It is a low priced high quality machine.

A&A, Northwestern, Oak, Eagle, Beaver are the proven winners over time. I know it's tempting to go with the cheaper stuff, but bite the bullet and pay the extra for quality stuff. It will pay off big time in both reliability and reselling your route someday. BBB is a joke - they bark but can not bite. Boiler rooms have no fear of the BBB! Vending scams are everywhere and the BBB can't stop them.

Jax

Check google maps, seems they operate out of a house. 

Xyz Vending Machines 1129 Autumn Glen Way Dacula, GA 30019. Phone : (770) 513-0023.

Probably use a suite to store machines, or just use a friends warehouse for an address to make it legitimate

13 miles away from their house---xyz vending 2875 North Berkeley Lake Rd NW, Duluth, GA 30096, USA

Xyz Vending Machines 1129 Autumn Glen Way Dacula, GA 30019. Phone : (770) 513-0023.

Probably use a suite to store mchines, or just use a friends warehouse for an address to make it legitimate

xyz vending 2875 North Berkeley Lake Rd NW, Duluth, GA 30096, USA

I know they both have full time jobs and sell these as a side business.  I had to meet Brian on the weekend to work around his schedule.  I met him at his warehouse where he stores these.  The 2875 address is the warehouse, suite 2.  BBB gave another address as well.

I'm a little over an hour away but I'm not ready to go busting down doors, yet :P

Probably use a suite to store machines, or just use a friends warehouse for an address to make it legitimate

13 miles away from their house---xyz vending 2875 North Berkeley Lake Rd NW, Duluth, GA 30096, USA

BTW, I haven't seen that phone number... That is probably one of their home addresses.  I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Try to call him from someone else's phone. Maybe he will think it's another victim (oops, I mean prospect) and will pick it up! What a sales dog he must be.

Jax

I've tried different numbers and blocked numbers.  Nothing.

No answer from the number posted above either.

I called him again today from a blocked number and he picked up. Said he hasn't written back because he had to reboot his harddrive or something. I didn't bother asking about the phone calls. Main thing is he promised to mail out 12 new coin mech(rears) on Monday. We'll see if they come...

Great service just makes me want to order some of these XYZ machines. Not! Actually already have a couple that I bought from other people that had never placed them. Guess I'll sell them again before placing them myself. So these will end up having at least 3 different owners minimun before getting placed. Too funny.

nam

Try to call him from someone else's phone. Maybe he will think it's another victim (oops, I mean prospect) and will pick it up! What a sales dog he must be.

Jax

I've tried different numbers and blocked numbers.  Nothing.

No answer from the number posted above either.

I was going to suggest the same idea,except with a twist.he probably will reconise the area code and might ignore the call.I always ignore blocked calls and so might he.I was going to advise u to call from someone elses phone that has a differant area code if that was possible for you.

I hope he sends u the parts u need.

Well I got the new backs to the coin mechs in the mail today. The part that was breaking on the other ones is improved on the new ones.

He finally came through. Only took 3 weeks of listening to his voicemail to get them.

It's a shame too because I like these machines, he lost a lot of business from me.

Just an FYI, I purchased from Gumball Machine Warehouse, and they order from the same company as XYZ in China.  Believe me I have the same troubles with locks and mechs.  I just sent my second batch of 50 coin mechs back for repar/replacement.  I will say that Sam at GMW has been great about replacement.

In the future pay the extra for the quality machines.  I also recommend buying used right now.  You can pick up some incredible deals!

RJ

I tried ordering two yellow XYZ Vending VendPro machines so I could build a mini quad rack. Kevin told me that he did not have any VendPro machines in stock. He said that business has been very slow and, he has been hesitant to order more inventory.

I unfortunately lost a location because I could not order more VendPros. This one location I had did not want me to swap a yellow XYZ Vending double for another double. When I pulled the yellow VendPro double the location owner told me to leave and take my machines. :?