Possibly new to business. Looking for some help.

Casey

Hello. I have been thinking about the vending business for quite some time now, but only recently (yesterday) started REALLY looking into it. From most of what I have found so far, the best thing I can do to get started is to buy a used machine. Now I feel like I have found my best case scenario for getting started but I won't lie, I am a tad bit worried that I could possibly get screwed over.

What I have found is a working machine that is said to be in excellent condition, AND it is already placed. Now here is where most of my worry is stemming from... How can I be sure that when I pay the owner of this machine that I will now be the true owner of this machine and he won't come back and collect it right after I purchase it and move it to a new location, or even worse.. Wait until I restock it and then come and take it. I hope I am just being paranoid and this isn't something that would happen, but I mean couldn't he have a spare key and come and take my earnings out as he pleases or just simply take the machine to a new location where I will never see it again?

Also, any tips for what I should look for to make sure that the machine is in perfect working condition and will continue to be for quite some time?

Thank you for your time.

Casey.

You don't say what type of machine you're looking at.  If it's a soda machine then have a new lock for it and change it so he can't open it.  Get a signed bill of sale listing the machine serial number and all the seller info.  If it's bulk you pretty much have to take his word for it or walk away if you're uncomfortable.  Make sure you get a key or 2 for it from him.

Any vending plug lock will work in it.  The machine is a poorly supported USI machine.  They are made for someone else on a contract and therefore the USI factory doesn't support it 100%.  The parts are all USI but USI doesn't have manuals for it.  You should pass on it and look for a better alternative.  Combos don't give you a good return on your money and have to be serviced too often due to their capacity.  Start with just a few single price can soda machines to see if you really want to be in vending.

Here is a link to a prior thread on these machines. Pay particular attention to any negative comments and the last post in particular: 

Archived