Dum Dum Lollipops for Candy Boxes? - Sale!

Has anyone ever used these for their Candy Boxes?  Looks like Sam's Club is running a great sale on them which ends in 5 days.  I am considering trying to use these.  I think the best bet would be to mix these with some other bigger candies.  I highly doubt these would be good alone, but if combined may work.  Thoughts?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

FYI, I plan to run .50cents or 3 for $1 on my boxes.  

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/dumdumslollipopsasst-1000-ct/prod18160451.ip?xid=hpg:shocking:3:2 

Hi,

There are a couple reasons I don’t use dum dums.  First, most folks use tootsie pops or blow pops. Dum dums are tiny in size in comparison. Second, they are not as securely wrapped as the other lollipops. Wrapper come off easily and if  someone is rummaging around a box they will come off. When you open a bag there are always some whose wrappers already have come off. And that’s a sanitary issue.   Just my opinion  

As far as this sale, if you look at the 500 count bag at Sam’s they are actually cheaper at the regular price than than the 1000 count on sale.  

Good luck with your new business!

9 hours ago, verdigirl said:

Hi,

There are a couple reasons I don’t use dum dums.  First, most folks use tootsie pops or blow pops. Dum dums are tiny in size in comparison. Second, they are not as securely wrapped as the other lollipops. Wrapper come off easily and if  someone is rummaging around a box they will come off. When you open a bag there are always some whose wrappers already have come off. And that’s a sanitary issue.   Just my opinion  

As far as this sale, if you look at the 500 count bag at Sam’s they are actually cheaper at the regular price than than the 1000 count on sale.  

Good luck with your new business!

Wow, simply amazing the knowledge base on here.  I never would have thought about the wrappers falling off, but now that you bring it up I do remember as a kid always having that happen!  Sam's club always trying to pull a fast one =P.  Worked directly with them for 2 years, some things never change haha.  

I think I will stick with the tootsie pops.  Appreciate the insight and advice!  

• 4 months later...

Archived