Dixie Narco DC 175-5

PirateJubber

Hello all,

I am brand new to vending machines and just picked up a Dixie Narco DC 175-5. The seller listed it as fully functional but turns out it’ll cool and accept coins, but won’t vend anything. The out of stock lights work for all 5 slots as well. As a noobie, I’m hoping someone on here could give me some pointers on where to start diagnosing the problems or point me to a link that perhaps someone has already put together. Any suggestions on where to find parts or manuals would also be greatly appreciated. I’ve linked a picture of the model plate for reference and will try to get a snapshot of the machine as well.

Thanks in advance!1C360396-E778-4D51-B8D4-072FE11D8E1C.thumb.jpeg.2d81c5ef306930c04dd620319fe5381a.jpegF0021C7D-4238-4B1A-ABA6-6EE5667E88A4.jpeg.f770c25a3f8fbc65d8bc21e2b6dc8526.jpeg

There are many things that could cause this.  First of all, if the sold out lights are on you have no product in the machine and it won't vend because there is no product in the machine. DOH!  You can hold the right column sold out paddle down, put coins in and press the top left button and see if that column runs.  Otherwise you could have a bad motor cluster switch on one or more motors, a jammed column, a bad coin mech, an open circuit in your selection panel, loose wires from the coin mech or vend relay plugs, etc.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the boards... As a new Dixie Narco owner I can relate to your issues.   I just solved my problems with my machine recently so let me help you with a few pointers  to get you started. 

As the previous post noted: 

1) load half a dozen drinks into one slot of the machine (this should close the sold out loop)  remember to load them butt to butt in the rack so they fall out properly.  (look up videos on how to load if you are not sure) 

2) the selection switches - I replaced all of mine to find out that wasn't the problem - but I've seen where if one of them is bad they all go bad.  (like old Christmas tree lights)  

3) if you have product in the machine and you can insert coins and the coin mech holds them and prompts you to make a selection?  but after making the selection nothing drops out... then that is a clue similar to my issue I was having!!  It ended up being two wires in the wiring harness were frayed by the metal of the door as they passed through the door into the cooling box portion of the machine.  (check down around the inside hinge and follow the harness to see if any exposed cables may have been worn through and are shorting against the frame) 

4) this is where you can go check the motor for vending the cans out of the machine... there are switches - two or three part depending on the machine.  but with the machine running if you hold down the switch for the motor with your finger or a flat head screw driver - the motor should turn for each slot - then you know they aren't the problem. 

5) the coin mech... if you have cans in the machine and the sold out lights are off - but the coins still fall through - check the coin mechanism it may be a coinco and there is all kinds of information about them online -but I can help if you can't find your model. 

Feel free to post more pics of the inside of the machine and keep us updated - I'll help you if possible.  

Archived