New to bulk

MrEen

Hi all.  I've been lurking here a while as well as a couple other vending forums in the past and have finally made the leap. Placed a double on April 3, then another April 9, and already have the next account lined up (was first waiting on machines, now waiting on Sams Polarmint tabs that they used to carry in store.)  I've been soaking up everything here to the point that I now can't remember which companies Kyle likes and which ones he detests! (Some of that comes from the last forum I was watching.) :)

Anyway, my goals with bulk vending are quite simple:

1. Make enough to quit working for someone else!

2. Make some more!

Seriously, I know this will take time. I'm taking baby steps. My plan is to wait until the first few machines have almost paid for themselves, then double the machine count. Do this a few times over, with the occasional exception thanks to nam's EXCEPTIONAL bargain hunting, and I hope to quit my 9-5 (7:30-5:30 usually) inside of 3 years.

I am NOT looking to do this full-time. I'd like to replace my current (full time) income with (part time) bulk vending. This should happen around 200 machines (roughly, still doing tax assessments and such, and haven't even looked into losing medical yet!)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for your input on this forum. This is truly a wonderful resource. I can only hope I am soon able to offer useful info to those who are where I am at now.

Scott

P.S. Oh yeah, I also play the sax when I have time (less than 1 hour in the last many years!!!)

Welcome to the forum Scott! It's hard to stop reading all the good info here for sure. Have you already bought machines I posted in your area? Seems like I posted some in Glenn Allen didn't I? Well, I'll try to keep an eye on your area as best I can. Of course the best way in my opinion is to take them as them come, not necessarily in the order you want them. As long as you know you'll need alot of machines (200) and a good deal comes along, pick it up while it's available cheap. Oh, and be willing to drive to get them, 55 cents a mile from our favorite uncle.   :D

nam

Thanks all for the welcome.

Nam, don't worry about my area as I keep a close eye on Craigslist listings for many miles in every direction. If you did post some from Glen Allen, they were probably back far enough that I knew the listing would be gone and didn't look at it. This is a suburb of Richmond, by the way.

And to my fellow bandmates, I'm sure my chops are shot at this point, but that is another reason I was heading in the bulk vending direction. Work for a week, take the rest of the month off to enjoy what is important. That's the goal at least (and I know it's going to take time and lots of hard work to get there.)

Again, thank you!

Scott

Scott,

You're right. I hadn't posted anything for Glen Allen. I posted some thing in Glen Ellyn a suburb of Chicago. lol That was driving me crazy as I thought sure I'd posted something in your area.

nam