Toy Soldier Claw Strength Voltage Issue

Candyguy

Hi guys,

I have an older toy soldier crane.  I have tried adjusting the VR1 and VR2 settings and the machine doesn't take the adjustments.  It goes full strength everytime.  The voltage meter goes all the way up.  I've checked all connections and everything seems to be fine.  Looking for some help with this issue.  

On 7/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, Candyguy said:

Hi guys,

I have an older toy soldier crane.  I have tried adjusting the VR1 and VR2 settings and the machine doesn't take the adjustments.  It goes full strength everytime.  The voltage meter goes all the way up.  I've checked all connections and everything seems to be fine.  Looking for some help with this issue.  

I've worked on alot of chinese cranes over the years but never a Toy Soldier. I'm not sure if you have a manual or not I found this older copy for a Toy Soldier 30 (17D5) from 05/14/04 and it explains how to adjust the claw strength:

https://manualzz.com/doc/9009580/toy-soldier-30-operator-manual

I figured you can double check and make sure you are following the correct steps to adjust the voltage to VR1 & VR2.

If that is not the problem then I would make sure the board is the correct version for that machine. I have seen some (on other chinese crane models) using replacement boards  that are not able to be hooked up to the remote potentiometers thus must be adjusted at the board. If the board is right and everything is hooked up correctly then I would shift my attention to the power supply or the claw coil. You can double check the voltage with a multi meter at the coil to make sure the readings you are getting from the voltmeter are accurate as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I was wondering if you were able to fix your issue with your toy soldier.  I am having the same issue.  I am unable to adjust the strength with VR1 and VR2 dials.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.  

• 3 months later...